We are seeking a Human Resources Business Partner – PSJH to provide a broad range of strategic HR services to leaders within the business area(s) they support. Our HRBPs work in partnership with executives to address operational, talent, and talent lifecycle–related issues, including change management, organizational development, culture, employee relations, workforce planning, talent growth, development, and coaching. HRBPs proactively translate the group’s business strategies into HR solutions that best enable the team to meet its strategic objectives. HRBPs are extended members of executive and senior leadership and are close advisors to the leadership team. HRBPs work with operational leaders to ensure positive employee and labor relations in their areas of accountability including mitigation labor risks as well as ongoing maintenance/adherence to local contracts where they exist. Possess a deep understanding of the business model, diagnose organizational needs, connect and deploy team capabilities, and consult with customer groups on operational strategies to improve business performance through people. This role leads programs and initiatives, champions the organization’s culture, and develops practical local solutions to achieve business objectives. HRBPs are also responsible for coaching leaders to enhance their people-leadership capabilities. A key requirement of this role is the ability to use analytical tools to inform business decisions. In addition, our HRBPs ensure the quality of HR service delivery through effective collaboration with our HR operational services (shared services) and centers of expertise (COE) specialist teams.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Design approaches to improve organizational, operational, and people strategies. Customizes HR, talent management, and operational solutions to address specific business imperatives to positively impact operational performance.
- Identify critical gaps in operational and organizational capabilities and design as well as opportunities in the marketplace that enable the enterprise to capitalize on new business.
- Establish and maintains collaborative, credible, trusting partnerships with individuals across a broad range of people and groups, both internal and external.
- Partner with a cross-functional group of subject-matter resources to design and execute shared operational and talent strategies
- Draw upon other HR groups (COEs, HR operational services) to deliver required expertise, resources, and services to drive customer / organizational imperatives.
- Understand business objectives and needs and connect teams to the right individuals, business strategies, HR strategies, practices, and solutions.
- Use data analytics and reporting to advise and guide senior executives for effective and insightful decision-making.
- Distill complex information into key insights, clear recommendations, and action plans.
- Lead challenging conversations and interactions.
- Coach and develop leaders and managers to deliver people-management capabilities.
- Manage local labor relations as it relates to collective bargaining agreements including contract interpretation, managing grievances and participation CBA prescribed activities as appropriate (staffing committees, certification committees etc.)
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business administration, HR management, or related field.
- 5 Years HR experience.
- Ability to analyst information, evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers, executive management, and other stakeholders through positive interaction and problem identification and resolution.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and to organize workload to ensure that time frames are met and the work is successfully completed within deadlines.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated capability in providing thought leadership. Effectively articulates a point of view and communicates information that is relevant to the business.
- Strong business-fluency skills—operational knowledge, industry awareness, and financial acumen.
- Exceptionally strong consulting and coaching skills.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal labor laws.
- Easygoing demeanor and the ability to handle ambiguity. Naturally curious, innovative, and creative. Strives for continuous improvement in process and learning.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate organizational complexity and manage complex talent issues in a diverse business environment on an organizational scale.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s Degree in Business administration, HR management, or related field.
- Senior HR Prof Certifications.