$80K — $100K *
The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for creating a high-performance culture. The role will require working with the General Managers/Market Managers and play a key role in talent development and planning for the company. Provide leadership and structure that encompasses our purpose and embraces our values of the company, trust and respect among Team Members, while building strong teams and partnerships, and achieves results.
This role will ensure all programs enable our company Purpose, Values, business strategy and are effective in attracting, selecting, engaging, and retaining key talent. This is a collaborative role that will work cross-functionally with the restaurants and various support center departments to understand business issues and collectively develop effective solutions.
Enable our Purpose to create lifelong memories by igniting the senses with unrivaled food and experiences:
• Provide strategic counsel, feedback and creative solutions on broad ranging issues including strategy, process and all Team Member related actions that enhance individual and organizational growth and superior performance.
• Create and establish Portillo’s as an Employer of Choice through a compelling and unique employment brand proposition.
• Work closely with restaurant business leaders to help create, implement and manage the people strategies to align with business strategies and objectives.
• Develop and implement management practices with company values in mind to ensure organization effectiveness, clear communication, sound employee relations and training and development of team members.
Family: Work together to make everyone feel at home, and we step up when someone needs help
• Build and retain strong relationships with the restaurant business partners-Market Manager and General Manager
• Develop a best-in-class memorable candidate and Team Member experience that reflects our Purpose and Values.
• Visit restaurant locations on a regular basis independently, with field leadership and Director of Human Resources. Specific focus to include staffing, scheduling, training, performance, Team Member engagement, career development and compliance)
• Partner with General Manager and Market Manager to develop plans to address short- and long-term talent needs for the organization.
Greatness: We’re obsessed with being the best and work hard to continuously improve. Our greatness is rooted in Quality, Service, Attitude and Cleanliness
• Work systematically to diagnose problems, analyze data, identify root causes and recommend solutions for HR related business issues.
• Develop create and innovate solutions for improvement.
• Educate, coach and develop leadership capability, incorporating company values, to help prevent future issues or concerns.
• Participate in business leadership meetings as a strategic partner to identify Team Member impact (development, Team Member Relations, compensation, talent management, and performance management) relative to business strategies.
• Provides consultation, support and guidance to Director of Human Resources and CHRO on talent matters, succession planning, sourcing, and placement of talent or bench.
Energy: We move with urgency and passion, while maintaining attention to detail
• Drive, influence, create and implement Human Resources strategies that support and align with the business requirements.
• Identify, support, develop and implement change strategy throughout the organization.
• Direct, supervise and coordinate rollouts and ongoing implementation of company programs in all areas where Team Members are impacted.
• Train restaurant in all areas of human resources to include policy, talent acquisition, performance management, leadership and management skills.
Fun: We entertain our guests, we connect authentically, and we make each other smile
• Lead and direct talent management/succession planning and process and plan for the restaurants to build capability, manage performance, retain and grow talent.
• Develop, monitor, and educate field leadership on recruiting strategy, sourcing tactics and selection process to improve the flow, quality, and selection of job candidates.
• Facilitate and/or oversee training of new company programs and HR courses and other initiatives as needed.
This position reports to the Director of Human Resources and leads and manages the General Managers/Market Managers as his direct business partner. The Human Resources Business Partner interacts with executive and senior leadership, other HR leaders, as well as Legal, Operations, Payroll and Accounting/Finance, Marketing, and Information Technology.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field preferred
• 3+ years of people management experience
• 8+ years of related experience of progressive general HR experience including talent management/succession planning, employee relations, compensation, benefits, and training.
• Experience implementing change in a dynamic environment and implementing program role outs preferred
• Excellent leadership with a track record of developing and maintaining high performing teams.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Aptitude for balancing multiple priorities with strong organization and prioritization capability.
• Exceptional ability to build consensus across a wide range of constituents.
• May travel up to 50% depending on market support and operational needs.
• Proficient in use of Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
• Ultimate Software
• Training facilitation
• Small/Medium group presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with all levels of the organization (ex: Restaurant Team Members, General Manager/Market Manager, and Restaurant Support Center Team Members).
• Multi-unit, restaurant industry, retail experience.
• Multi-state employer experience.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other dutie
Valid through: 4/23/2021