Your daily responsibilities include
The Human Resources Business Partner manages the development and distribution of human resources policies, makes recommendations for and creates training to support the field based on trends/activity, analyzes data toidentify areas of risk, identifies ways to mitigate risks and implements them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Listens, investigates, and responds to Team Member concerns.
- Reviews property investigations for completeness.
- Coordinates modification of Team Member guidance manual and policies.
- Manages vendor relationships including, but not limited to, Navex Global.
- Coordinates with legal department on administrative claims at state and federal level and litigation in areas of wage and hour, ADA, FMLA, EEO, and other fair employment practices.
- Assists with preparation for contract negotiations.
- Supports property HR leadership with grievances, preparation for contract negotiations and arbitrations, investigations and policy interpretation as needed.
- Assists in the implementation of employee engagement initiatives at the LVSC.
- Manages special projects that focus in areas of employee/labor relations, HR process definition and improvement. This includes, but is not limited to, the drafting of SOPs for HR.
- Develops strategies for union avoidance and shares best practices across the organization.
- Monitors the effectiveness of policies and procedures, identify gaps if any, make recommendations for new or modified policies and procedures in light of experience.
- Coordinates with properties to address Team Member and union relations issues.
- Develops and implement training to support HR initiatives.
- Manages and resolve employee and/or labor relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations in cases of grievances, harassment, employee concerns or EEOC issues.
- Maintains in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of Team Members, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides performance management (coaching, counseling, career development, corrective action and terminations) guidance/counsel to client groups and their teams to ensure compliance with law, regulations and internal policy/procedure.
- Works closely with leadership and Team Members to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Maintains current knowledge of HR policies, programs, laws and regulations.
- Develops reports and other key metrics, including but not limited to, the monthly HR Scorecard, Strategic Plan or other identified HR analytics.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordancewith company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all Team Members and addresses issues as they arise.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility andreporting potential issues to Management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must beat least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in human resources management or related field from four-year college or university; five to ten years progressive experience in Human Resources with emphasis in Employee and Labor Relations. Gaming industry experience preferred. PHR or SPHR professional certification preferred.
- Must have experience investigation employee situations and concerns.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Must have excellent project and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Must have current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws regarding Human Resources issues.
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for staff development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
- Evaluates Team Members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards toperformance.
- Determines recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
- Determines work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Responsible for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, counseling).