Industry: Energy & Utilities•
5 - 7 years
Posted 43 days ago
The Fossil HR Business Partner provides both Employee Relations and HR Business partner support to the Fossil leadership team (VP, Directors and plant management). Primary areas of focus include developing, driving and implementing people plans to support the strategies for this key operations business units (BU). The successfully candidate will be able to build strong relationships with business unit leaders and develop proactive assessments and plans to address business unit needs. In this role you will implement both short- and long-range tactical and strategic solutions in an ever changing environment.
A four year Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or other job-related field from an accredited college or university plus five (5) years broad-based, professional-level Human Resource (HR) experience. In lieu of bachelor's degree, combination of college coursework and/or broad-based, professional-level HR experience equaling nine (9) years required. Knowledge of many HR functional areas due to the broad range of potential HR issues that may arise with clients. Broad based HR experience in employee relations, performance management, investigations, organizational diagnoses, change management, coaching leaders and employees is required. The successful candidate will demonstrate success in establishing strong, collaborative, influential relationships with all levels of an organization and have excellent verbal and written communication, project management and influencing/negotiation skills. In-depth working knowledge of applicable HR related state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
Demonstrated experience conducting employee relations investigations within a unionized environment and supporting plant or manufacturing based leadership teams.
Ability to understand and apply labor contract terms and conditions as applicable (specific IBEW experience a plus).
1) Consults with business unit leadership to develop and execute annual and emergent people strategies to support business unit plans and objectives. Anticipates HR issues, concerns and needs based on business strategies, and internal/external environmental and competitive factors. Addresses business-wide issues projects.
2) Partners with leaders in diagnosing organizational design needs. Designs and implements organizational changes. Provides change management expertise to support organizational change initiatives.
3) Partners with Centers of Expertise to execute solutions that meet the needs of the business unit and implement programs, processes and tools developed for workforce planning, performance management, performance rating alignment, talent management, succession planning, change management, knowledge transfer, employee engagement, diversity and compensation planning, including training leaders on the effective use of those processes and tools.
4) Provides coaching and counsel to leaders to help resolve challenging employee and team issues, improve leadership performance, manage involuntary employee terminations, and improve employee productivity. Provides guidance and assists with the development and delivery of appropriate feedback or corrective/disciplinary actions.
2) Independently conducts and documents investigations and fact finding on Employee Relations issues including allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, ethics violations, hostile work environment, unfair treatment and violation of company policies. This includes gathering and analyzing evidence and timely resolution of problems through application of relevant laws/policies/past practices.
3) Interprets and applies understanding of corporate policy, employment law and other regulations to provide immediate advice, guidance or clarification for Employee Relations inquiries.
5) Maintains required documentation within case management system including intake and investigative notes, supporting documents and final reports in a timely manner. Responsible for identifying issues and making recommendations for solutions to improve and address systemic, procedural or leadership issues.