Organizational Development & Training
- Understand business goals and recommend approaches to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and within the company.
- Integrate the talent management process to include detailed analysis of potential talent gaps and development of career plans.
- Ensure review process is administered fairly and effectively. Assist managers and employees in preparing Individual Development Plans.
- Partner with the Learning and Development department to identify training needs.
- Conducts training for employees and leadership regarding HR issues, new hires and onboarding.
Recruitment and Retention
- Make recommendations to identify and retain current talent as well as attract outside talent to the business.
- Review applicant qualifications and assist recruiting in local hiring needs. Recommends internal candidates for further considerations. Works with hiring manager and Recruiting to help determine compensation and total package.
- Assist Recruiting at onsite or offsite recruiting events including job fairs and college recruiting.
- Conduct exit interviews with employee leaving the company to gauge areas of success and opportunities for improvement.
Employee Relations and Performance Management
- Work with managers to facilitate the positive and legal handling of employee relations and communication matters.
- Investigate and liaise with Legal department to respond to complaints of harassment, discrimination, employee grievances and other sensitive issues. Ability to prepare positon statements for EEOC.
Policy Interpretation and Administration
- Assist managers in required personnel functions such as disciplinary procedures, and appropriate corresponding paperwork and documentation.
- Maintain the confidential nature of all employee and company proprietary and privileged information used or observed in the course of performing job duties.
- Maintain current knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures with HR field.
- Prepare and analyze data relevant to assignments and in the course of fulfilling normal HR related tasks.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Partner with compensation department on wage recommendations and regional studies and FLSA job assessment advice as needed.
- Bachelor Degree required in Human Resources or general business area.
- 6-8 years’ experience in a Generalist background with broad knowledge of employment law, recruiting, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations, and training and development.
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to \u0022roll up your sleeves\u0022.
- Strong principles, people and management skills.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state employment law
- Computer applications experience using MS Office. HRIS experiencerequired.
- Strong verbal, written communication and organizational skills.
- Strong internal and external customer focus.
- Excellence in organizational and interpersonal skills.
- DOT and OSHA experience desirable
- Domestic travel may be required 50%
- Bilingual in Spanish is required