Headquartered in Fenton, Missouri, a suburb of St. Louis, Vanliner Insurance Company is a member of Great American Insurance Group. For over 30 years, Vanliner has grown to become the country’s top insurance provider for the moving and storage, parcel and home delivery industries.
Our mission since day one, has been to provide first-class insurance products and unparalleled customer service to all of our customers. Our success is driven by the expertise, innovation and commitment to customer service that our employees provide. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
- Provides human resources consultation and support to a mix of business and functional units with varying levels of complexity.
- Partners with leadership and employees in identifying, sourcing and implementing activities or programs aimed at improving employee engagement and morale.
- Advises and coaches leadership on issues, including the implications on staff of business actions, staff development and training needs, leadership practices, etc.
- Establishes and maintains an employee advocate and trusted advisor status among employees and leadership.
- Develops and administers policies, procedures and human resources programs.
- Ensures compliance with company values, company policies and government regulations through communicating, counseling employees and leadership, auditing / observing behaviors, and making decisions grounded in established guidelines.
- Resolves employee issues and concerns. Provides information, as needed, to Employee Relations staff in responding to employment-related charges, claims or investigations.
- Drives and monitors the effectiveness of performance management and goal setting initiatives.
- Partners with leadership to increase performance differentiation.
- Participates in identifying areas for development and supports leadership in developing action plans for talent management.
- Assists in the coordination of training opportunities and may assist in developing curriculum. May facilitate training programs.
- May coordinate the talent management process for assigned business and functional units, including executive positions.
- Coordinates the new hire process.
- Partners with the business on succession planning activities.
- Consults with leadership and analyzes current and future talent needs to develop and implement a strategic workforce plan.
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Builds comprehensive knowledge of employment law and various human resources functions, including benefits administration, employee relations, leaves of absence, pay administration, performance management and training to provide tactical support to line managers.
- Develops comprehensive knowledge of existing and new human resource programs, including Benefits, Compensation, Employee Relations and Learning & Development programs.
- Serves as a liaison between the business and other human resources functions.
- Understands, supports, and may participate in developing corporate business strategy and the goals of each business or functional unit. Consults with leadership to identify, develop and execute human resources strategies that support business needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Master's Degree preferred.
Field of Study: Human Resources, Business or a related discipline.
Experience: 5 to 8years of related experience. Continuing progress toward and/or the completion of a professional designation preferred, such as Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) or Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR).