Moen has a new opening for a Human Resources Business Partner II or III to join our largest Manufacturing team based in New Bern, North Carolina. Our Human Resources Business Partner is part of the plant HR team and is responsible for Associate relations, HR processes, business partnership, talent development/acquisition, legal compliance and compensation and benefits administration.Job Description:
- Associate Relations: Serve as an Associate advocate, internal consultant and business partner with management on human resources issues. Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs. Partner with and advise business partners on employee relations issues.
- Communications: Provide effective Associate communications through participation in change management initiatives and the composition and posting of various organization announcements.
- HR processes: Manage the communication and implementation of HR processes with business partner groups including performance management, merit process, development of Individual Development Plans, market adjustments and promotions.
- Facilitate the talent review and succession planning process with business partners groups.
- Talent Development and Talent Acquisition: Partner with HR specialists to be the point of contact for communication, selection and communication with business partners for talent development programs (e.g. management and leadership development via the BEST and LEAD programs). Understand business needs and partner in the composition of job descriptions. Work with Corporate Compensation to grade jobs appropriately.
- Legal Compliance: Comply with all legal and governmental requirements to include OFCCP/AAP, EEO, ADA, Veterans, FMLA and Worker’s Compensation.
- Team Development: Coordinate team development activities and lead independently, or with Talent/Organizational Development, activities such as team-building, New Leader Assimilations and other training/development activities.
- Compensation and benefits administration: Manage questions about leaves of absence and basic benefits questions before referring to the Benefits Specialist. Lead compensation conversations with business partners for promotions and salary recommendations.
- Perform other HR responsibilities as necessary and provide ongoing growth and development.
- Bachelor's degree is required. A degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business or a related discipline is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Human Resources; prior manufacturing experience is preferred
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must be business oriented and possess interactive skills to support the management team and function as a business partner
- Strong hands-on skills and experience in Human Resource systems and administration
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written) as well as group facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong Associate relations and change management skills
- Demonstrated success in handling multiple priorities
- Must be flexible to work extended hours and modified shifts to support organizational events and activities.