We are an award winning, and fully integrated real estate company, offering new homes and condos, rentals, furnished suites, property and investment management. Since our humble beginnings in 1955, we've built over 85,000 new homes, manage 15,000 rental units, and carry 2.5 million square feet of commercial space. Our investment management portfolio spans $ 2.5 billion in assets. With over 1,100 employees in Canada and the southern USA, we proudly build better places for people to live, work and play, one home and one relationship at a time, collectively embracing our values - Accomplishment, Courage, Innovation, and Partnership - in all that we do.
Make a difference by bringing your human resources expertise and passion to Minto. As a Human Resources Business Partner , you will provide front line integrated HR solutions for our Minto Apartment REIT division supporting our Montreal teams. This new role will be on site in Montreal supporting our management team and employees for 3 sites. You will have an amazing opportunity to partner and provide advice and guidance as well as drive solutions to positively impact meet operational challenges. As representative of the broader HR team, this role will be accountable for the recruitment process required for the Montreal team as well as providing support to the H&S program.
How you will be contributing:
- Act as the primary point of contact for employees and managers on employee relations matters; providing advice and guidance; assisting managers and employees with employee relations issues and concerns in areas such as performance management, employment termination, labor relations and compensation / benefits
- Partner with the business unit management team to develop employee engagement strategies and action planning.
- Partner with leaders and the Compensation & Benefits team to provider input to compensation structures that are market competitive. Provide hands-on support and guidance to managers in the business unit during the annual salary and bonus planning exercise and throughout the year.
- Coach and train managers on the performance development process, including development planning and handling performance issues.
- Support managers and leaders in the business area regarding organization structure and business readiness programs.
- Determine the employee and leadership development needs of the client group and partner with the broader HR and training teams to organize appropriate development activities. Work with business leaders to identify and develop high potential employees for leadership.
- Own the recruiting needs for Montreal sites, with support from our Corporate Recruiting Team.
- Onboard new employees by partnering with hiring managers to ensure each new hire has an exceptional employee experience as they start their career with Minto.
- Consult with leaders to determine the skills required to meet short-term and long-term business needs. Facilitate the preparation of talent management frameworks and succession plans.
- Provide guidance around labor relations with unionized employees, advising within the collective agreement. Develop strategy and participate in negotiations when renewing collective agreements.
- Contribute to the implementation of HR initiatives by participating in teams in reviewing process improvements, systems initiatives, current policies and identifying operational issues and recommending changes.
- Interpret HR policies and guidelines for people leaders to enable decision-making.
- Ensure corporate HR strategic priorities are implemented; identify HR issues and concerns arising from business plans and / or operations
- Analyze HR issues and concerns, plans and recommend strategies and options for resolution and supports management in the implementation of the resolutions, considering possible consequences and impacts.
- Provide support to Health and Safety team and initiatives as required.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree and / or diploma in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' HR Generalist experience in a wide range of human resources management areas particularly recruitment and employee / labor relations.
- Strong knowledge of labor laws in Quebec required.
- Experience in Property Management / Real Estate industry considered an asset.
- Bilingual position (English and French) - both verbal and written.
- Specialized Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Solid grounding in a wide range of human resources disciplines
- Demonstrated experience with dispute resolution (ADR) and investigation techniques.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and persevere in difficult or stressful situations.
- Looks at problems from a business point of view and provides realistic solutions.
- Able to coach and provide effective feedback to leaders and employees.
- Can facilitate solutions in conflict situations.
- Able to present new approaches or ideas effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, discretion and diplomacy.
- Ability to think strategically and analyze complex situations.
- Sound judgment in providing strategic advice and recommendations.
- Strong verbal communication skills which influence and inform as well as writing abilities.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Team player and ability to establish and maintain a professional network.