"Every company says it has the best people in the world, but when you look at our story over the last decade, the proof of that is glaringly apparent. Our constant has been, and will always be, the passion, determination, and all-out obsession of our employees." Steve Richman - Group President of Milwaukee Tool
At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion for being the best and pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand that is unparalleled. The Milwaukee culture is unique and has been a key reason for our business success.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for being a business partner to the Business Unit(s) they support. As the HRBP, you will be a critical component in providing an energizing and engaging work environment. If you thrive in driving continuous program improvements in a demanding and rapidly changing business environment this is the opportunity for you!
To be successful in this role you will:
- Partner with business leaders to create a successful listening strategy (i.e. engagement survey, skip level meetings, exit interviews, stay interviews, action planning, and leader accountability)
- Partner with leadership to develop employee retention strategies (i.e. how will we keep our employees engaged, how will it be measured, and how will leaders be held accountable?)
- Partner with leadership to provide an employee oriented; high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and development.
- Coach leadership on the appropriate actions required to respond to employee issues and concerns.
- Partner with Talent Development to facilitate the Talent Review Process for the business unit(s) in which you support.
- Maintain positive employee relations by creating a responsive, open environment, where employee feel safe to speak up.
- Identify and monitor the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Keep the leadership team informed of issues that could jeopardize the achievement of company goals. Partner with leadership to develop a plan to improve any concerns.
- Manage the off-boarding process which includes: exit process and addressing any non-compete concerns.
- Conduct and document internal investigations into employee complaints.
- Partner with hiring managers and the Talent Acquisition team to identify staffing needs and recruiting strategy to fill open positions.
- Participate in the hiring process which includes interviews, and employee offers.
- Partner with leadership and the Organizational Development team in the new employee onboarding process (i.e. Orientation, Onboarding Training Plans, etc.)
- Partner with business unit leaders and Talent Development to assist in supporting an organizational change (i.e Team Kick-off, New Leader Assimilation, Communication development)
- Lead the internal talent mobility process to align the workforce to the strategic business needs. This includes providing internal candidate assessments, feedback, compensation recommendations.
- Assist Talent Development in facilitating New Manager Orientation
- Partner with Talent Operations to create job families and career paths for assigned teams.
- Accountability partner for Talent Development on employee development plans
- Ensure compliance within the organization for regulatory activities.
- Address employee issues and work with management to ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed uniformly across the sales and service organization.
- Responsible for ensuring base pay compensation is appropriate for the jobs within the business unit(s) you support.
- Partner with Talent Operations in establishing company wage and salary structure.
- Establish best practices in compensation and benefits through research and up-to-date information.
- Monitor pay practices and pay ranges to help to recruit and retain high performing employees.
- Provide monthly reports and analysis on various employee data as requested leadership.
- Organizes, complete and present projects as assigned by leadership within specified time frames.
Education and Experience Requirements
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, or related field; OR equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 year of progressive Human Resources experience is required.
- Up-to- date knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the leadership team.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise good judgment and diplomacy.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications necessary.
- Some travel may be required.