Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Human Resources Business Partner supports the Sr. Human Resources Business Partner for the NE Region and the Regional Vice President of the New York/New Jersey Region in establishing and meeting professional and compliant employment practices. As a company devoted to promoting an employee-focused servant leadership culture, the Human Resources Business Partner will act as a liaison between the programs and initiatives originating from our home office and help to support the individual needs of our operational teams throughout the NY/NJ market.
- Manages day-to-day HR transactions for the Human Resources office and assists the field operations as needed.
- Manages the administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs. Responsible for understanding, interpreting, administering and mediating any and all forms of inquiry that arise relating to human resources.
- Responsible for educating managers throughout their assigned region with appropriate guidelines on maintaining a legally compliant workplace.
- Identifying high potential employees to support the organization’s continued growth.
- Facilitate and resolve policy and employee relations issues in assigned region according to company policy.
- Maintaining compliance with all state and federal laws in regions; updating forms, policies, procedures as needed in coordination with the home office.
- Manage leaves of absence including FMLA, disability leaves, others as needed in coordination with the home office HR and Payroll.
- Support recruiting and staffing for region; manage background checks and motor vehicle checks, coordinate all new hire on boarding, new hire paperwork processing, and orientation.
- Responsible for employee maintenance in HRIS system.
- Manage any training, safety, wellness and health, employee communications for the region.
- Assisting managers with performance management; including coaching and counseling.
- Travel within assigned region.
- Responsible for workers compensation for region; reporting claims timely and adhering to company process with claims reporting.
- Responsible for understanding, interpreting, administering and mediating any and all forms of inquiry that arise relating to executed Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- PHR certification is preferred but not required.
- 5-7years Human Resources experience with emphasis on employee relations.
- Strong employee relations, workers compensation, and benefits experience and practices.
- Knowledge of union laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of current Federal, State and Local laws.
- Working knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea sharing and creative problem solving.
- Strong customer service skills and abilities.
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching conversations with employees and managers.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret policies, process, and standard business practices.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Must be willing to travel within assigned region as necessary.
- Must have vehicle.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.