This role is responsible to drive process improvements, standardized policies, training and cultural initiatives across our unionized manufacturing facility. This role provides services to both our union and non-union populations and requires a leader who creatively solves business challenges, including, but not limited to community partnerships, succession planning, and talent acquisition and management.
The Labor Relations Specialist works under the supervision of the Senior Human Resources Business Partner. Related work is performed as required.
- Provides information, technical advice, and creative and supportive assistance to managers and supervisors on issues and procedures affecting represented employees in areas such as disciplinary process, grievance investigation and settlement, interpretation of collective bargaining agreements, analyzes complex labor relations issues, and the implications of laws and regulations which affect the employment relationship.
- Develops and presents training programs for frontline leaders, gathering data and needs through partnership with the business related to labor agreement interpretation andapplicability, on topics such as disciplinary procedures, grievance handling, the Employee Assistance Program, and other topics, as needed.
- Confers with Sr. Labor Relations Coordinator, union, and department representatives to resolve a variety of issues related to implementation of the collective bargaining agreement, on subjects such as wages, hours, and working conditions.
- Builds a network in the area, utilizing creative means, and beyond for talent acquisition, management, and trends in manufacturing.
- Drives the recruitment process for hourly positions and ensure site-manufacturing is resourced effectively.
- Identifies key skills and competencies for the organization to support business goals.
- Ensures onboarding of new hires and exit processes with terminating employees are administered consistently and effectively.
- Coaches manufacturing supervisors and leaders in effective execution and administration of performance management.
- Identifies key processes within site HR that need improvements in order to drive greater efficiencies.
- Assists in the development of employee engagement and communication strategy efforts for site to support company’s business objectives.
- Participates in the arbitration process in a variety of roles: researcher, witness, advocate for the Company's position, and analyst for arbitration results, providing technical information and support to legal staff in representing the Company's position.
- Analyzes cost and administrative implications of proposals for contract provisions, grievance or arbitration settlements, and impact negotiations; drafts proposals for contract language.
- Partners with colleagues and appropriate HR subject matter experts in gathering, analyzing and presenting recommendations for on-going negotiations.
- Analyzes Labor and Employee Relations data and data sources to support department metrics, regulatory requirements and issue resolution. Creates and presents reports and presentations to HR Team and Operations Team, as necessary.
- Serves as a hearing officer for Step III grievances.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Human Resources or related field required. Master's Degree Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Certification: Certified in Labor Relations preferred.
- Experience: 6 - 8 Years Employee Relations experience required, Bargaining Unit experience preferred. 1-2 years developing curriculum and conducting/delivering HR training required.
- Must be a “hands-on” professional with a knowledge of employee and labor relations, leadership development, training, organizational development, performance management, compliance issues, communications, exempt and non-exempt staffing, and compensation/benefit administration.
- Background in Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing is a plus.
- Ability to lead process improvement teams.
- Can do attitude; exemplified initiative and creative problem solving. Tracking Code:2015399