At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation’s largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
The Human Resource Business Partner is responsible for performing broad professional human resources tasks to support policies and programs including benefit programs, employee relations, recruiting, performance management, organization development, and HRIS. This role serves as a HR business partner in supporting Company Owned Field Operations. The HR Business Partner is responsible for a wide variety of HR functions, including employee relations, conflict resolution, policy interpretation, training and development, performance management, recruiting and employee communication on HR programs. This position works closely with the SVP, Store Operations and Field Region Leadership, serving as an employee advocate, and providing guidance and coaching to assist in facilitating improvements in the employee experience and in the professional development of leaders. Builds credibility and maintains strong relationships with cross-functional partners, helping to achieve company initiatives and drive business results.
This position can be based in our Sarasota, FL or Jersey City, NJ corporate offices, full-time remote, or a combination of in office and remote.
What you'll do here:
- Provides guidance and support to business partners and associates on all HR-related issues. Serves as the primary point of contact for the assigned operations team.
- Advises business leaders on all aspects of organizational effectiveness including hiring, performance management, employee relations and policy interpretation.
- Evaluates organizational climate and issues, assists with employee communications and facilitates improvements in the employee experience.
- Conducts thorough investigations, maintains proper documentation, partners with leadership on outcome, and ensures timely resolution and follow-up on employee relations issues.
- Provides guidance and assistance in the disciplinary action process; makes recommendations on the appropriate level of corrective action.
- Fulfills staffing needs for exempt and non-exempt job openings; sources and identifies talent, conducts job interviews and fills open positions in a timely manner.
- Assist management with writing effective and accurate job descriptions, requisition process and approval, salary administration, etc.
- Serves as lead on various HR projects, such as documenting policies and procedures, updating HR manuals and identifying/implementing process improvements.
- Collaborates with corporate business partners and assists in the management, administration and communication of employee benefits, such as health and welfare benefit plans, policies on time away from work and leave of absences including FMLA, Workers' Compensation, and vacation/ sick time.
- Promotes safety in the workplace. Conducts assessment of incidents and directs reporting procedures and investigation process.
- Utilizes various systems/tools to track HR issues, identify trends, measure progress and analyze data. Compiles information and generates reports.
- Helps drive the execution and periodic analysis of on-going HR processes and programs, such as bonus programs, performance reviews, HR audits and recognition programs.
- Ensures legal compliance with all Federal and State regulations. Upholds consistency in the interpretation and administration of policies. Educates business partners on employment laws.
- Assist in assessing, creating, conducting and measuring associate training.
- Coordinate and or act as the HR sponsor for roundtables, town halls and or employee committees.
- Occasional domestic travel to support Field Operations and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills you’ll bring for success:
- A Bachelor`s (BA or BS) in Human Resource Management or related field (e.g. Business, Organizational Communication, Industrial Psychology) preferred or equivalent.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in HR generalist / business partner capacity with expertise in employee relations and recruiting.
- Professional maturity and demeanor, strong work ethic and the ability to manage multiple priorities, drive results and work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively and build positive/effective business partnerships.
- Proven project management skills and leadership capabilities.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State regulations and legal compliance.
- Proficiency in MS word, excel and power point.
- Experience with human resources software systems.
- Professionalism to work with confidential information.
What you will get if you join us:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- 21 Days Paid Time Off + 11 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Pet Insurance
- Company Celebrations and Appreciation Events
- Fast-paced, innovative culture with an open and collaborative environment
- Ample opportunity to develop core and new skillsets and have a stake in your own success
- Freedom to create your best work and make a visible impact on the organization
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization