be your best self
At Interstate Batteries, you have the chance to be excellent at work and excellent at life. We know that professional success depends on personal wellbeing. That's why we want to enrich your life with the tools and services you need to succeed in every area of your life. Join us!
The HRBP role is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to an assigned Business Unit. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives and driving HR functional excellence. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to:
- Develop and implement HR Strategies and solutions to address intentional and tactical business needs; key partner for business unit leaders to ensuring the business has the most effective people organization to deliver the business strategy.
- Partners with the business unit leadership team to help drive and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Lead, guide and consult in the areas of developing and implementing policy and procedures, oversee and participate in processes pertaining to organizational design, recruiting, promotions, terminations, employee retention, compensation, benefits, succession planning, onboarding, legal compliance, coaching, performance management and change management.
- Provide performance management guidance to management for coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions.
- Manage, recommend and implement remedies on mid-level to complex employee relations issues working closely with the Manager and legal as appropriate.
- Conduct thorough and objective investigations as needed, assess risk and determines appropriate course of action, working closely with the Manager and legal as appropriate.
- Assess legal risks pro-actively and act to ensure compliance.
- Act as resource to employees when needed providing guidance on and interpreting company policy.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention. Ensure relationships are healthy, open and collaborative through appropriate communication and management strategies
- Track and analyze metrics on employee actions, terminations, budgets, sales, financials and voluntary attrition to recommend actions as needed.
- Lead HR project teams including planning, analysis and presentation of recommendations having department or company-wide implications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Professional Human Resources designation preferred, such as CCP, CEBS, or SPHR.
- Minimum of 6-8 years generalist experience with progressively increasing responsibilities managing complex HR issues.
- Possess exceptional leadership, interpersonal, communication and execution skills to collaborate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated influencing and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Project management and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to travel occasionally