Responsible for providing effective employee relations service by utilizing excellent problem solving and relationship skills, an in-depth knowledge of human resources generalist issues as well as policies and procedures, and knowledge of company products and services.
It is important that this individual support and drive HR strategy through the business in partnership with senior management. The Corporate Business Partner will work closely with business leaders and the HR Leadership Team to support deployment of a comprehensive HR Strategy. The full range of generalist knowledge will be needed to drive successful labor strategy, performance management, compensation planning, and talent development.
- Aligning global business strategies to HR strategies and initiatives, diagnosing business challenges, exploring alternative solutions and recommending best-fit solutions.
- Work closely with business leaders and the HR Leadership Team to support deployment of a comprehensive HR Strategy.
- Partner with Talent Management COE in managing proper succession and high potential planning in line with the defined strategy and needs of the business. Ensure continual performance improvement within the corporate functions, driving processes to facilitate improvement.
- Identify and recommend Training & Development needs. Communicate same to Talent Management.
- Employee Relations – Provide HR consulting expertise to all levels of management and employees. Consults with employees and managers to address root causes of issues and resolve through a systematic and analytical approach, including investigations. Act as employee advocate to ensure adequate representation and timely resolution of employee issues.
- Establish and manage an HR structure that will provide the least likelihood that a union would attempt to unionize employees thus eliminating company disruptions to operations and increased cost of operation.
- Promote diversity in the entire workforce to meet EEO Objectives and smooth operations in all organizational units.
- Safety/WC management.
- Ensure consistent discipline practices and legal compliance.
- Identify any compensation issues and recommend solutions.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies and ensure a consistent practice.
- Identify problems central to business strategy and forecast potential obstacles to success
University Bachelor’s Degree Required
PHR/SPHR Certification Preferred
5 -7 years experience in a Human Resource Business Partner role