The Human Resources Business Partner serves as an influential people partner, advising clients in one or more key solutions and/or functions. This role will serve as the HR Business Partner for a business or team within Cox Automotive, located in Salt Lake City, Utah. It plays a key role in developing and implementing the HR strategy and programs in support of short-term and long-term business goals with the overall goal of attracting, retaining, and developing the best talent. The ideal candidate will contribute at both hands-on and strategic levels to cultivate an amazing and innovative culture as the organization grows and scales. Responsibilities will include providing guidance and HR support to the mid-level managers on talent, performance, and change management, including partnering with management on talent related concerns and the business implications of talent decisions.
About Cox Automotive People Strategies
Cox Automotive People Strategies is transforming Human Resources the same way our company transforms the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Through strategic imagination, agility, resilience, and active collaboration, we deliver the global talent and organizational strategies that deliver results for our company. We are preparing for the future of our industry and the workplace by devising progressive HR and talent solutions that empower our team members and enable a culture of collaboration and innovation. We are looking for professionals who have a futurist view, think on their feet, and focus their efforts on strategic programs with the greatest potential for positive impact.
What You Get to Do
- Provide meaningful partnership experiences. Work with management teams to drive engagement, build capability, coach, support, advise, and challenge leaders. Address and support day to day issues related to employee relations, performance management, and development opportunities.
- Develop and lead people strategy opportunities to compete and succeed. Contribute to the execution of the business plan through the creation and implementation of the People Strategies that attract, develop and retain Team Members.
- Collaborate with and influence leaders to prioritize strategic people priorities and solutions that accelerate the achievement of business priorities through talent management, diversity and inclusion, rewards and recognition, and organizational effectiveness.
- Design and create the organization that will deliver business success. Proactively challenge the established organizational structure of the customer unit to drive superior performance. Manage effective organizational transformation and change projects using best practice methodologies. Coach and support Line Managers.
- Create the culture that enables the business to be successful. Develop and drive the employee engagement strategy to help make Cox Automotive the very best place to be. Be the cultural enabler for your business. Promote and foster a culture that is productive, open and empowering and coach others to behave and make decisions in line with our management and leadership principles.
- Resource the organization to enable current and future success. Ensure Performance and Talent Management drive the achievement of business goals, through objective and development plan setting, performance calibration and talent development. Lead talent review / calibration to ensure high performance is rewarded and developed. Implement succession planning and talent management plans that support business goals. Provide guidance on leadership development and conflict management.
- Interpret data insightfully and generate original insights for strategic talent priorities. Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to solve problems and drive continuous improvement of talent priorities. Be an insights advocate that reviews external data and trends and provides relevant insight back into the business.
- Deliver better, quicker results through the expertise, resources and connections of your network. Work collaboratively with People Strategies Centers of Excellence to optimize the effectiveness of the business
- Anticipate and respond to changing business needs. Influence lasting change in assigned businesses by serving as a change advocate on company wide strategies and initiatives. Serve as a change advocate for strategic initiatives and programs that influence lasting change in assigned areas
- Other duties as assigned
- Change leadership
- Cultural enabler
- Decision making
- Relationship building
- Emotional intelligence
- Impact and Influencing
- Bachelor’s degree in business, HR or a related field
- 5+ years progressive experience in HR disciplines with a strategic focus or equivalent experience
- Experience working with, coaching and influencing leaders
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to drive programs independently
- Proven ability to influence and partner with leadership and individual contributor levels of the organization to achieve results
- Strong HR and business acumen, including problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative
- Must have the ability to diagnose a problem and identify and drive appropriate solutions
- Exposure to working in a change program
- Experience in coaching and developing people
- Successful experience in the implementation and execution of people strategies for a business/ function
- Work experience within a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to drive human resource strategies and programs in a complex, fast growing, and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a geographically disbursed and matrix organization