Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day to day HR support and counsel to employees regarding complex employee relations issues, employee communications, and process and policy.
- Support commercial leadership development.
- Partner with commercial leaders to support performance management, coaching and team building.
- Support recruitment for a variety of positions.
- Participate in employee investigations.
- Submit timely and accurate HR transactional information including transfers, promotions, terminations and organizational changes.
- Maintain current knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees (FMLA, ADA, FLSA, etc.).
- Participate in the employee onboarding process including, conducting employee orientation programs, and assisting in filing and processing of enrollment forms.
- Facilitation of courses or modules for onboarding and/or training.
- Support the employee exit process.
- Sponsor or lead employee committees encouraging employee feedback (Employee Advisory committee).
- Responsible for evaluating the success of new processes and/or initiatives via employee feedback forms, surveys or focus groups.
- Assist with other responsibilities in support of key HR initiatives including employee engagement, talent development, employee communications & maintenance of employee resources on the intranet related to HR.
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care and ensure awareness of and compliance with employment regulations and laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business major, Human Resources preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional work experience in the Human Resources function with responsibilities such as employee relations, and performance management.
- Solid understanding of regulations & compliance expectations related to recruiting and other HR practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to build relationships and effectively connect with others; approachable & viewed as a responsive resource for employees and leaders.
- Dedicated team player who is able to withstand the high demands of a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (MS Word, Power Point & Excel).
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time for field rides and offsite meetings.
- Experience working with sales and/or marketing.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Experience in a human resources role during a period of rapid business growth.
- PHR certification.