Advise leaders on people issues:
- Partner with respective client groups to analyze and prioritize the critical business challenges faced by the organization, and deploy appropriate HR interventions in collaboration with appropriate Center of Excellence.
- Participate in team meetings, periodic strategic planning and review cycles and deploy HR interventions to meet business requirements
- Provide HR observations related to departmental issues in meetings and one-on-one. Interpret talent management data for departments and work with Sr. HR Business Partner to develop appropriate initiatives.
- Coach designated leaders through change management, performance management issues, etc.
- Work with designated department leaders on workforce planning, including position control/review; aligning with budget, productivity metrics, resourcing processes, etc. Review and localize job descriptions and compensation with Recruiting and Compensation Centers of Excellence. Assist leadership with temporary workforce planning & implementation, internship placements and other talent processes.
- Support effective leader and employee communications
- Advise leaders on learning and organizational development. May include program implementation such as ensuring completion of employee development plans, updating the succession plan and implementing other programs and tools.
- Deploy career development program tools and processes. Includes coaching leaders, participating in employee career counseling and feedback sessions, equipping managers with standard tools for coaching, feedback & planning.
- In partnership with the Director of Employee Relations and Engagement, promote and foster a healthy work environment; raise awareness of available programs to assist employees. Implement appropriate employee engagement programs and union avoidance initiatives (as applicable).
- Support departmental action planning as a result of employee engagement surveys; assess facility “temperature” through formal and informal sensing and plan actions with department managers.
- Counsel managers and employees on situational issues; resolve employee conflicts.
- Support employee relations, ethics, or compliance investigations (initial interviews & fact gathering); maintain tracking for issues/concerns and handle inquiries from employees or managers
- Advise designated leaders on performance counseling and discipline procedures; consult on suspension or termination of employment actions; provide information on RIF processes and severance
- Escalate major issues to Sr. HR Business Partner and/or HR Center of Excellence when appropriate
- Prepare managers for the compensation planning process and provide compensation budget information.
- Support Director, Comp, Benefits & HRIS with benefits enrollment
- 5+ years of professional HR experience (performance management, change management, engagement, succession planning, retention, etc.)
- Knowledge of staffing, compensation, employment law, labor relations, training and development, benefits and HRIS applications.
- Excellent critical and strategic thinking abilities.
- Ability to direct and influence change. Ability to collaborate with leaders to drive change in the culture and management practices.
- Superior customer service orientation and ability to respond in a constructive and timely manner.
- Demonstrated success in detailed work requiring accuracy, high level of productivity, organization and a sense of urgency. Well-developed organizational and interpersonal business skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to initiate actions and solve problems using sound judgment.
- Ability to travel between multiple locations.
- Undergraduate college degree required.
Bachelors or better.