Bio-Rad is looking for a HR Business Partner to support our Canada managers and employees across Canada. The total employee population is 127 with offices in Mississauga and Montreal. This position can be based in Montreal or Mississauga with monthly travel to the non-based office. Looking for an HRBP who is fluent (oral and written) in both French and English.
- Oversee and administer all aspects of the HR function including employee relations, compensation, benefits, training and recruitment.
- Partner with business leaders in developing plans to optimize organizational design, business planning and employee development & engagement.
- Guide, counsel and administer the performance management process from goal setting to reviews.
- Provide guidance on compensation decisions.
- Diagnose organizational climate/morale concerns and propose solutions to senior management.
- Investigate complaints including working conditions, disciplinary actions, employee complaints and employee relations.
- Suggest upgrades to processes and provide necessary training to mitigate future issues.
- Partner with managers in providing recruitment services to identify, hire and onboard high caliber employees into the organization.
- Ensure the HR transactional needs of the business are met accurately and on a timely basis.
- Administer worker’s compensation processes across Canada in conjunction with the corporate office.
- Partner with Environmental, Health and Safety to drive safe working conditions for employees.
- Direct and manage divisional wide projects and programs as assigned by the HR Manager or Director.
- University degree in Human Resources, Business or related field (CHRL, CRHA or CRIA certification preferred).
- 8-10 years experience overseeing the HR function including employee relations, compensation, benefits, training , recruitment and employment standards legislation across Canada. Previous Life Science industry experience, a plus.
- Experience providing primary HR support to multiple departments/disciplines and guidance/coaching to managers and employees.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both French and English. Superior presentation, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Candidate needs to be able to work independently, problem solve, seek out information and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Competency with Microsoft Office programs and HRIS systems.