AvalonBay Communities Inc., an award winning national real estate investment trust (REIT) that develops, builds, and manages multi-family housing (over 80,000 apartments), and has been named one of the "Best Placesto Work"by Glassdoor two years in a row, has an outstanding opportunity to join a progressive and highly collaborative HR Team as a professional and dynamic Human Resources Business Partner/Director.
Based in our Headquarters office in Arlington, VA, the HR Business Partner will serve as a consultant/single HR point of contact to designated leader(s) of functional groups on talent strategies,organization structure and executing their business strategies.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides leadership to functional initiatives and projects that require broad commitment, buy-in, and implementation and works cross-functionally to ensure that the right input and solutions are incorporated into all HR initiatives.
- Leads Talent Management/ Succession Planning strategy for designated functional groups, including identifying high-potential associates and recommending development and retention strategies.
- Acts as a liaison between business partners and HR functions to address business needs (recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, etc.)
- Consults with management teams to analyze and improve the overall organization functioning (ie. structure, process, etc)
- Provides change management consultation and support for projects/initiatives
- Provides developmental support to direct reports via coaching, counseling, and training
- Oversees/conducts escalated or complex investigations and recommends appropriate coaching, counseling, and disciplinary action in partnership with Regional HR Manager and functional group leadership
- Monitors federal laws/regulations that affect our associates and the workplace with appropriate business partners and identifies appropriate actions needed for compliance