The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for managing Human Resources administration, activities and programs for assigned area/region in alignment with established strategies, policies, procedures, federal, state and local laws and government regulations. The Human Resources Manager works directly with business leaders within their region to provide guidance to management, and employees, on investigations and employee related issues, complaints or problems.
- Conduct investigations of employee related issues (harassment, discrimination, retaliation, etc.).
- Responsible for making high level decisions and providing guidance to management, and employees, on investigations and employee related issues, complaints or problems.
- Requires strong judgment, as decisions can have financial impact to the company
- Partner with leave of absence team to monitor local leaves; including FMLA, company medical, ADA and Workers Compensation.
- Partner and provide guidance to region/area regarding HR policies and programs; including benefits, compensation, recruiting and training and partner with appropriate department within to execute needs.
- Conduct training on HR related topics to new hires and managers, as needed.
- Monitor changes in local law and state and federal laws to analyze their impact on Company policy
- Keep management informed regarding current issues, regulations, etc.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and formal/informal feedback to employees, as required
- Support AVP HR in implementing programs related to HR and Employee Relations.
- Support AVP HR in implementing strategies related to HR and Business initiatives.
- Partner with Centers of Expertise to provide input regarding ongoing initiatives, understand challenges and provide feedback.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES
- Stay abreast and research on trends within the human resource field and update management where appropriate.
- Perform other duties a needed.
Reports to: AVP Human Resources
Direct Reports: 0 to 2
- Detailed knowledge of Human Resources-related laws and regulations
- Advanced knowledge of Human Resources practices and theories.
- Advanced knowledge of company business strategies, annual plans and metrics to optimize Human Resource decisions and partner on other operational business issues
- Expert level analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Expert level knowledge of HRIS, benefit, and compensation
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills to effectively communicate Company policy at all employee levels
- Leadership ability to select, lead, evaluate, and develop employees.
- Excellent planning, organizing, and project management skills and the ability to Administer effectively in all areas of accountability
- Must have the ability to analyze and present concepts and recommendations to all levels of management.
- Expert level interpersonal skills required to build relationships, promote teamwork, and resolve conflicts.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years progressively responsibleexperience in generalist or employee relations capacity
Requisition ID 2017-30150