Join our high-impact HR team where you can be part of an innovative and creative team of HR professionals whose passion is the pursuit of excellence. At Abt Associates, the Human Resources team provides global, value-added programs, services, and consultancy in a timely manner. We aim to enhance the Company’s ability to attract, retain, and motivate highly talented employees. We are committed to a work environment that supports collaboration, work/family initiatives and is strengthened by diversity.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Human Resources Business Partner to support Abt’s Corporate Functions.
The Human Resources Business Partner will provide Strategic and Tactical HR support for Abt’s Corporate Functions. This person will work closely with the Functional Leaders and employees at all levels of the organization on Human Resources policies and programs. This role has primary responsibility for partnering with leadership to identify business needs and Human Resources solutions in alignment with Abt’s strategies. The successful HRBP must have the ability to seek out opportunities to work collaboratively with management in achieving business goals and proactively identify areas to bring value and assist in the development of strategic Human Resources programs that will engage, develop and retain employees.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop strategic Human Resources programs/solutions that will engage, develop and retain employees.
- Facilitate the adoption of cultural change initiatives.
- Provide coaching to management on addressing a variety of employee issues such as performance while effectively mitigating business and company risk.
- Resolve complex employee relations issues (such as harassment and discrimination allegations) in a balanced, fair and objective manner, using appropriate counseling, investigative, intervention and mediation techniques.
- Identify opportunities for global employee, manager and leadership development.
- Support the employee performance evaluation process and partner with management to ensure that all employees are provided clear and consistent feedback on performance; provide performance improvement recommendations and/or training where growth opportunities exist for employees to develop additional job skills.
- Understand, recommend and implement Human Resources policies and procedures. Partner with employees and management to communicate these policies, procedures as well as laws, standards and government regulations.
- Work in Collaboration with all parts of the Human Resources Team to integrate and deliver outstanding HR services to the business
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively at all levels of the organization, and be a strong contributing team member.
- Strong collaboration skills, effectively leveraging internal corporate resources, as well as tapping into HR peers and an external network, where appropriate, to get to the best recommendations.
- A proven track record of aligning HR goals and objectives with the businesses goals, combined with a strong understanding of business concepts and key business drivers.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment and labor laws.
- PHR/SPHR/GPHR certification preferred.
- (8 – 10) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience in Human Resources with core Generalist experience and specialization in Employee Relations and Employment with a minimum of 2-4years of supervisory experience of professional and support staff.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates p