Our mission Human Resources (HR) is to help ABB stand out when it comes to our people - from leadership, performance and talent management to rewards and career opportunity. In all that we do, we seek to create competitive advantage by dedicating resources to attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals who are customer-focused, collaborative, innovative and driven.
We are looking for a Human Resources Business Partner who will be a core member of the local Business Management Team, providing on-site HR support to employees and managers to ensure effective and sustainable workplace relations and team performance in the assigned geographic area. You’ll work closely in collaboration with HR network applying HR policies and local compliance supported by our ABB Group Centers of Expertise (CoE’s)
- Provide HRBP support for manufacturing plant, site leadership and employees including but not limited to employee relations, guidance on compliance related issues, assistance with recruitment of salaried positions, wage and benefit guidance, proactive and consistent performance management.
- Assures deployment of divisional/corporate HR strategy and initiatives.
- Assist with the development of and delivery of developmental training and opportunities for site leadership and employees
- HR generalist responsibilities, including developing and interpreting policy, benefits administration, employee relations and recruiting
- Model and practice positive employee relations including but not limited to walking the site floor regularly, conducting roundtables, identifying and executing opportunities to improve employee retention and morale
- Coordinate people review and succession planning processes at the site level
- Coordinate with the Health and Safety function on programs, metrics, training issues, etc., to continuously improve our safety program
- Bachelor’s degree is required with at least 5 years of related HR generalist experience of which at least three years supporting a manufacturing or product production environment.
- Intermediate to advanced skill set in Microsoft office applications required
- Solid knowledge of employment law required
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and ability to gather and analyze information objectively and skillfully
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong judgment, decision making and influencing skills
- The ability to effectively balance business partnership with employee advocacy and direct experience coaching leaders is preferred