HUMAN RESOURCES ADVISOR, TIME & ATTENDANCE
This position serves as a subject matter expert on Insperity HR client compliance service delivery for the time & attendance operations team. Using extensive knowledge of Insperity HR business rules and federal and state laws, promotes consistency of service delivery and facilitates research and resolution for HR compliance issues that have been escalated through the established escalation process from internal service providers. Researches and consults on human resources related topics including application of federal and state employment laws. Responsible for human resource product development, process improvements, and project management activities as relates to liability management training, human resource products and related services.
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Provides consulting and research services to internal service providers focusing on liability management. Obtains input from HR Operations management and the Legal department.
- Acts as subject matter expert and provides guidance and advice to service providers in the appropriate use of Insperity HR processes, solutions and resources in conjunction with appropriate federal/state laws, HR best practices and Company business rules.
- Reports activities, service requests, recommendations and ideas to department management.
- Designs and develops human resource products, processes and services for use by client services personnel including training resources, reference tools, customized toolkits, communications, forms, presentations on current and pending employment laws and trends.
- Ensures the organization's business objectives are met and liability exposure is reduced through process improvements, effective communications and the effective use of HR compliance best practices.
- Conducts and develops formal presentations including controversial topics or complex ideas, e.g. new state or local paid sick laws or biometric time clock waivers and template management.
- Evaluates, designs and conducts training to ensure internal service providers are educated on current HR-related topics including internal processes, resources and compliance.
- Evaluates, designs and provides orientation and other training as required for new and existing field service providers.
- Researches and analyzes new and pending legal and regulatory requirements, identifies factors that impact client's employment practices, makes recommendations for new or updated products and services, and implements solutions and best HR practices.
- Manages, through research activities and needs analyses, the continual improvement of existing programs, services and plans for future client service requirements.
- Builds and strengthens collaborative working relationships with other Insperity departments and clients.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field is required.
- Six to eight years of human resource generalist experience is required.
- At least two years of Insperity experience in HR service delivery is preferred.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Command of complex body of HR federal/state laws and experience applying principles and practices of Insperity business rules for delivery of HR services.
- Strong business acumen, flexibility and the ability to form relationships and establish credibility and trust with other employees and departments.
- Communicates and interacts effectively with all levels of management to provide appropriate guidance.
- Demonstrated leadership and negotiation skills with the ability to influence all levels of management.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability in formulating legal and customer centric solutions to HR issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.