At DISH, successful Human Resources Advisor are described as:
- Ambassadors who manage day-to-day HR functions of advanced complexity for their assigned area and serve as the influential voice for HR strategies, philosophies, and initiatives within the organization.
- Change agents who identify areas where change is needed and communicate a compelling vision for the change within the business that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the process.
- Analysts who clearly identify various courses of action to develop and implement process improvement, while understanding the upstream and downstream implications of decisions and anticipates potential areas of concern.
- Collaborators who help increase overall workforce productivity through improved attraction, retention, and utilization of top talent.
- Experts who are viewed as trusted resources on core HR technical competencies. Experts also know their limitations and seek out other specialists when needed.
- Coaches who manage relationships and conflict independently while consistently inviting and incorporating feedback and advisors who partner with management to provide expert HR knowledge.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Human Resources Advisor will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's Degreepreferred.
- Experience supporting at least 300 employees, preferably in multiple locations and worksites with 5 years of direct HR experience.
- Solid knowledge of local, state and federal laws governing recruiting and employment issues. Solid knowledge of recruitment and selection techniques and requirements of the federal Selection Guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Acts and possess strong interviewing skills.
- Ability to effectively respond to and interact with all levels of organizational staff, including executives. Competencies include excellent presentation/facilitation, organizational, analytical, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Requires high level computer expertise, including use of database, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications.
- Flexible, innovative in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment. Should be comfortable with traveling 25-50% of the time.