Participates in driving business solutions, culture development and talent management strategies across Banner and their respective business in partnership with the broader Human Resource organization. Leverages metrics, data, and analytics for solutions that drive the businesss performance. Functions as the feedback loop to ensure HR programs are aligned with business needs. Consults and advises business leaders on broad talent issues that impact engagement, retention, and overall business performance and results.
- Participates in, planing, aligning design and own the development of critical talent management solutions to complex business situations for assigned business groups that drive performance and integration. Using knowledge of competitive strategies and tactics in developing culture, recommending development of business organizational structure, vision, and governance, andstrategic workforce planning models, succession planning, guiding the capability of teams to meet strategic initiatives and other business scorecard metrics, analytics and solutions, retention and engagement, leadership development planning, change management, process redesign.
- Plans and aligns an interactive ongoing process with leaders in the development and implementation of innovative strategies leading to positive business outcomes around the four perspectives and actively transferring best practices from/to different functions within the organization. Using a strategic mindset thinking about the collective organization, our big picture and avoiding a silo mentality acting as an analyst, gathering data as needed and making key decisions that drive results within assigned business units.
- Acts as a courageous fully functioning, highly visible and influential member of the leadership team for business and communities they support. Instills trust while providing counsel and guidance demonstrating interpersonal savvy in all areas of human resource management, ensuring consideration of appropriate policies, practices and employment law consulting on how labor affects people strategy helping to maintain an environment of high retention and engagement and free of third party influence.
- Strong and influential role model for expected Banner behaviors, particularly for those in leadership of Optimizing Organizational Talent, Shape the Future, Executive Presence, collaboration for integration across the continuum, and modeling a consumer oriented culture. Provides current, direct, complete, and actionable positive and constructive feedback to others, facing people problems quickly and directly-regardless of who is involved and what the situation may be not being afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Builds effective high performing teams acting as the lead responsible for creating appropriate solutions while building strong business relationships, continuously but collaboratively representing the proactive business perspective in the design, two way communication, and implementation of all HR programs with other segments of the HR team. Effectively assesses organizational talent helping others to do the same in an aim to ultimately drive positive outcomes for the organization.
- May plan and align HR strategies for merger and acquisition activity within assigned business units and communities that promotes cultural integration for Banner.
- Ability to excel in a highly matrixed organization to establish performance measures, assess and evaluate operations, and work with leadership to assure efficient and effective delivery of clinical and non-clinical services that drive us to an integrated delivery network.
Strong knowledge of human resources and business as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelors Degree in Business, Human Resources Management or related discipline.
Requires extensive knowledge and background in talent development, talent acquisition, retention/engagement, and coaching. Also an operating knowledge in the areas of planning, developing, training, budgeting and organizing programs and services, typically acquired through a minimum of three years of progressively responsible human resources management experience is essential. Extensive experience in a large, complex, highly-matrixed, multi-site organization staffed by professionals in multiple disciples.Proven experience in leading best-in-class HR organizational practices. Experience in organizational settings comprised of diverse missions and economic drivers. Knowledge and thorough understanding of rules and regulations governing employment law and the health care business. Skilled in leading a best-in-class HR organization and practices; effectively handling multiple conflicting assignments, demands, and priorities with great attention to detail;. Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills are essential. Demonstrates conflict management skills tactfully navigating and advocating while building trust and bringing clarity to conversations. Has an understanding of the business strategy and overall vision of the organization, practicing at the top of their capability. Possesses strong business acumen, knows how the businesses works and is knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting the organization as a whole. Leadership style and characteristics necessary to effectively perform in this role include: strong work ethic; results-oriented; persuasive and influential; inspirational; able to make rational decisions in complex and ambiguous situations; highly visible; honorable; self-confident and humble; systems-thinker; innovative; life-long learner; courageous; high-energy; integrity; collaborator; ability to work with diverse stakeholders; strong listener; values multiple disciplines and diversity; and passionate about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to consumers and employees.
Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred. Master's Degree preferred
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.