The HR Manager is responsible for all activities of employee relations, recruitment and selection, performance development, benefits administration, compensation, Safety & Health, legal compliance, counseling/coaching and the application of fair and consistent employee practices.
This role provides leadership, guidance, direction and recommendations on all human resources issues and activities for manufacturing and/or distribution to create and foster an environment of confidence, mutual trust and respect throughout the plant to align employees to strategic Company goals and directives.
- Maintain positive employee relations, providing guidance to supervisors/managers to ensure respectful, fair and consistent treatment of employees and promote employee involvement/engagement in meeting short-term and long-term Company goals.
- Direct and support facility EH&S efforts through employee communication, training and policy development to ensure the safety and health of employees; ensure compliance with applicable legislation and company policies to achieve corporate and plant safety goals/objectives and targets. Coordinate monthly SLT (Safety Leadership Team) meetings.
- Provide for staffing and development activities to include attracting, retaining and developing employees to ensure the talent, competencies and skills exist to meet current and future needs.
- Manage compensation programs and develop compensation strategies to attract and retain necessary talent to meet corporate goals while controlling labor costs to budgeted levels—ensuring consistency and non-discrimination in application.
- Administer company fringe benefit programs, communicating and training employees in overall options to best maximize understanding and value of these choices to employees.
- Actively work to strengthen Company image in the local community by coordinating employee-oriented activities and advocating participation in local business and professional organizations.
Bachelors degree required with a minimum of 5 years experience in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or a related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible to changing conditions.
- Proficient user in Microsoft Office products including WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience with basic EH&S activities including OSHA, Workers Compensation and EPA
- PHR/SHPR Preferred