The Human Resource Manager will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Distribution Center Human Resource functions including employee relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other Duties not listed may be assigned.
% of Job
Results and Accountability: 50%
- The Human Resource Manager will operate in partnership with the Distribution Center Management
and is responsible for leading by example, performance management, overseeing the hiring
and release of all associates in compliance with employment law and pursuant to company policy.
- Develops and administers various human resources goals and objectives and procedures for
the west coast distribution center.
- Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Implements and annually updates job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends, and implements associate policies and procedures; prepares and maintains associate handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration, open enrollment, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies, and associate appreciation events and activities program.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt associates utilizing the ATS system, and temporaryassociates; conducts new-associateonboarding and orientations; training, development, monitors career progression path program, succession planning, associate relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviews; writes and places advertisements.
- Negotiates Temporary Labor Bill Rates and outsourcing.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Maintains organization charts.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Communication and Customer Service: 25%
- Communicates with all levels of management and associates keeping them Informed
of priorities, company goals, company initiatives and relevant departmental Information
- Communicates, effectively supports and works with the Supply Chain Transportation,
Planning and Analysis, Merchants, Store Operations, and Merchandise Allocation
to flow product through the Distribution Center in the most cost efficient and productive
- Evaluates and analyzes trends to ensure operational effectiveness. Evaluates, recommends
and implements process improvement changes.
- Identifies and assists in developing strategies and ROI’s for cost saving ideas and
technologies in the Distribution Center.
Team Leadership: 25%
- Responsible for maintaining a positive work environment while supporting the company’s Culture.
- Responsible for fostering a healthy and safe work environment, focusing on the well- being of the Distribution Center associates.
- Maintains and strengthens internal/external customer – supplier relationships.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships at all levels; Peers within Operations,
Management, Risk Management and Corporate Associates.
- Manages 1 direct employee and 166 indirect hourly associates.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor\u0027s degree and five (5) years\u0027 Human Resources experience, OR
- Any appropriate combination of education and experience
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- Equivalent to appropriate four-year college program.
- Distribution Center human resources planning and development.
- Provides functional guidance for administrative support needs.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Process Improvement.
- Strong communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present materials to large groups- Good public speaking skills.
- Ability to self-motivate, work with a sense of urgency, multi task and prioritize.
- Manage with a detail-oriented approach to work.
- Ability to positively handle conflict.
- Capable of working in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to meet store service goals.
- Mentoring and Coaching Skills