The HR Source, Inc. is conducting a search for our Los Angeles client for a dynamic self-starter Human Resources Manager (HRM). As a strategic partner of the Senior Executive Team, the HRM will assist in developing the organization’s HR plans and programs, particularly from the perspective of the impact on people. The HRM will enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce creative HR policies and procedures for the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization across locations. This is a direct hire position and the work will be 100% on-site.
The ideal candidate must meet the following TOP 3 Requirements to qualify:
1. Fluent in Spanish
2. Solid union experience
3. Start-up experience is preferred.
Specific duties are as follows:
- Partner with management team to determine hiring needs, create job descriptions, establish wages and benefits, and develop recruitment strategy.
- Develop and implement recruiting for staff needed at start-up as well as changing business demands consistent with applicable LAWA and other regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement processes to execute and manage candidate application, evaluation and hiring, including screening, offer generation and maintenance of applicant and employee records.
- Create employee orientation and education program for all new hires, including employee handbook. Develop framework for ongoing employee training, performance evaluation, discipline/coaching, and advancement.
- Oversee the Paycom HRIS rollout, closely working with users to support, train, improve system functionality and assist with implementation. Develop processes as needed to improve systems operations on this front.
- Coordinate with IT, Payroll and Benefits departments regarding on-boarding of new hires. Develop and implement processes on these fronts as needed.
- Ensure compliance with applicable labor contracts, federal and state employment regulations, training, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Assist management team in fielding and responding to employee questions and providing key HR-related information including wages and benefits, essential job requirements, scheduling, timeliness, and attendance, breaks and time off and work attire. Develop and implement protocol and processes as needed on this front.
- Develop and implement a health and safety program. This will include protocols for being Covid compliance