Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we’ve got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn’t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Global Tools and Storage (GTS) is looking for a Human Resource Manager to support the manufacturing operations at the East Longmeadow Lenox Bandsaw facility. This position supports the business by providing direction on people strategies, organization development, and other business strategic initiatives. The Human Resource Manager will serve as a trusted advisor for the site, leading a team of three HR professionals supporting a population of 800+ employees. The main objectives of this high-impact role are focusedon creating and leading the key HR strategies to attract, engage, develop, reward and retain a diverse, highly-qualified and culturally-aligned employee base.
Human Resource Strategy and Leadership
- Partners with business leaders to drive and deliver HR solutions to maximize people performance, strategy and workforce planning
- Provides organization consulting on people strategies in support of the business objectives
- Monitors progress against metrics and milestones, coaching leadership as needed
- Aligns HR programs and initiatives to support business objectives
- Collaboration – promotes cross-business and cross-functional communication, sharing and teamwork
- Standardization – drives development and consistent application of HR Standard Operating Procedures
- Improvement – initiates new and innovative communication practices to promote and reinforce a strong culture
- Drive impact through the Organization & People Review (OPR) process
- Leads the site hourly and salaried talent acquisition process including temporary agency strategy in conjunction with businesses’ overall strategic objectives
- Implements processes and experiences to grow the capacity of the organization’s key people resources that include key talent identification, planning, development, and recruitment
- Facilitates interviews, candidate selection and compensation for all levels
- Implements retention strategies focusing on key leaders and individuals with core competencies or skills critical to the organization
- Reviews supply and demand analyses of the current and future people/skills needs of the organization and implements strategies and plans to meet those needs
- Partners to build organizational capabilities to address resource and operational challenges
- Deploy union avoidance tactics and ensure the culture is one where employees feel appreciated, heard, and respected
- Implements processes and solutions in partnership with leadership which support a positive employee relations environment through effective communications, policies and practices
- Provides guidance and mediation to employees and managers in the resolution of work related issues and inquires
- Advises leaders on employee relations issues, policies and procedures
- Champions change management and acts as a change agent by providing leadership to shape the organization’s culture, systems and processes to enable change
- Identifies change management needs and tailors strategy and programs to fit needs of the organization
- Consults on process improvement initiatives
- Keep an accurate, real time pulse of Employee Engagement, ensuring all employees understand their roles and the requirements toeffectively manage the business
- Identifies strategies to increase productivity, employee performance, and employee satisfaction
- Facilitates the communication of the organization culture, vision, and values
- Monitors metrics to track the effectiveness of these initiatives
Total Rewards Strategy
- Maximizes the organization’s compensation, reward and recognition programs
- Provides compensation analysis for market and adjustment recommendations
- Leads merit, compensation planning and communication
Required & Desired Skills
- At least 5+ years of progressive HR leadership experience working in multiple HR disciplines
- Bachelor’s degree required in Human Resources, Administration or related field
- Master’s degree (MHR, MILR, MBA) is a strong plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with employees and managers at all levels
- Experience fostering collaborative working relationships with business partners, functional leaders and decision makers, providing influential advice to help them achieve desired business outcomes
- A high achiever with a track record of enhancing and facilitating best-in-class HR results
- Comfortable working through situations and advising leaders on appropriate course of action
- Ability to plan, manage, and track multiple projects, and to communicate about them with multiple involved parties
- Resourceful and ability to navigate the unknown, finding solutions by navigating through internal and external channels
- Executive presence, professional demeanor, and strong business acumen
- Experience working with PeopleSoft, ADP, BrassRing or similar HR systems – and comfort using data to drive actionable insights and recommendations
- Healthy sense of humor
- Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth.
- Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the rightthings and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
- Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
- Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act withtransparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
US - GTS - Industrial Verticals
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.