Banner resource for all HR issues including employee relations, leadership development, talent selection, performance management and compliance. Assess and anticipate HR-related needs to drive the business forward; Create strong partnerships with banner employees and leaders to deliver the best possible business outcomes; Use HR centers of expertise to develop solutions; Keep current with banner results, long range plans, and competition.
Trusted member of banner leadership team responsible for making sound decisions that support the business and are based on ethics and integrity. Communicates regularly with VP and COE’s on day-to-day HR concerns and initiatives (particularly those with legal risk) and consult legal as necessary.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Participates in banner business issues seeking solutions to business challenges, identifying specific skill and headcount requirements, ensuring HR strategies are included in plans, aligning HR programs and practices with specific business objectives and ensuring diversity progress in all aspects of business.
- Partners with banner leadership to review business needs and communicate proactively HR work streams impacting business objectives. Seek feedback and adjust plans as needed. Ensure that deliverables are met within agreed upon time frames.
- Analyze trends, metrics, scorecards and processes in partnership with HR COE to develop solutions, programs and policies. Communicate trends and metrics related to the employee population within the banner to leadership.
- Meets with District Manager to support and coach, develop solutions to employee and staffing challenges, assess culture and stay ahead of issues.
- Visit stores and meet with SDs, ASDs and other employees regularly. Get to know the talent in the organization and understand key challenges faced by store directors and teams. Ensure challenges are addressed and mitigated with appropriate owners.
- Lead Banner performance management process; consult on and facilitate goal setting to ensure link to business objectives; analyze performance review data and provide feedback to banner leaders on performance review content and ratings. Provide day to day performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to develop current and future staffing strategies (with a focus on recruiting diverse talent); ensuring effective selection criteria are utilized by business managers and leaders; Responsible for ensuring staffing levels at store meet business needs; partner with store directors when hiring challenges require specific store hiring strategy and plans. Oversees contractrecruiting resource if needed to assist in supporting sufficient staffing levels for store hourly positions.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation. Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in human resources, labor employment law, adult learning, education, behavioral sciences or other related fields required.
- 4-6+ years of experience with working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including leadership development, compensation, talent selection, organizational design, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
- 4 years of experience with the resolution of complex employee relation issues.
- Proven project planning, organization and execution skills and leadership skills.
- Proven staffing and recruiting skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, consultation, and business skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships at all organizational levels both within the company and in the business community.
- Utmost integrity, ethics and confidentiality.