The Human Resource Manager is an essential key player to the success of Progressive, Inc.. This candidate will implement Human Resource policies and partner with business operations to ensure a complete understanding of business needs and objectives. The Human Resource Manager will serve as a liaison for most of the following areas: succession planning, talent management, labor relations, employment, employee relations, compensation, benefits, EEO, and/or training and development.
The Human Resource Manager will report to the General Manager and functionally to the Sr. Director, Human Resources, Midwest & Southwest Business Groups.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop and administer key HR policies and processes around talent management, coaching, employee relations, compensation, benefits, and recruiting for the facility
· Develop intermediate/short range departmental goals and objectives in partnership with Management.
· Coordinate, implement, monitor and update plans, programs, targets, and initiatives.
· Develop and maintain HR metrics.
· Work with other managers to coordinate division operations and activities; plans and establishes work schedules, assignments, and resources to meet departmental goals.
· Partner with HR to resolve problems, complaints or grievances, and to plan and forecast staffing.
· Partner with Quality to align Directorate goals with Business Quality Management System (BQMS).
· Partner with Environmental Health and Safety to ensure OSHA Compliance.
· Support IT and Production with long-range resource plans.
· May occasionally perform special projects; Perform other duties as assigned.
· Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including assessments and audits, standards and benchmarks, evaluation of program effectiveness, and resolution of problems, bottlenecks, and deficiencies.
· Knowledge of benefits, performance evaluation, and compensation plans; Understanding of individual performance, abilities, learning, and motivation; Knowledgeable about agency laws and regulations relating to human resources (FLSA, EEO, etc.).
· Knowledge of management principles involved in strategic planning and forecasting including people, material, and equipment resource allocation; corporate and human resource policies and benefits; leadership; teaming; and production methods.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Detailed, accurate, and organized; Ability to inform others about company benefits, policies, and procedures.
· Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate results and needs across all levels
· Ability to establish and communicate clear priorities and to influence others to support and act on those priorities.
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
5-10 years related experience
5-10 years of manufacturing industry experience
Level of Education:
-Bachelor’s Degree plus 5-7 yrs experience
-Master’s Degree preferred
-PHR or SPHR preferred