The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for supporting the human resources needs of all employees at an assigned facility or region and safeguards confidential company information. The Human Resources Manager responsibilities include employee relations, FMLA and other leaves of absences, workers compensation and safety, learning and development, recruiting, and employee engagement. This person must drive a progressive, proactive, positive employee relations culture and increase levels of engagement, enablement, and retention.As with all positions at KeHE, we expect that all actions will be consistent with KeHE’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Manages all human resources materials, including personnel files, new hire forms, I-9s, W-4s, 401k plan, manuals, and other personnel documents to ensure that files are current, confidential, complete, and in compliance with company and government regulations and deadlines.
- Disseminates human resources policies, procedures, and programs to ensure that all employees are well informed and work in compliance with policies and regulations.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Administers the benefit program such as life, health, dental, vision and disability insurance, 401(k) vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance. Reconciles monthly insurance billing.
- Manages employee Leave of Absence program and monitors those employees with either beginning or ending LOA’s and/or monitor progress during their LOA.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Conducts management and employee training necessary to remain in compliance.
- Conducts internal workplace investigations, presents facts and ensures proper resolution.
- Leverages talent acquisition support to source, screen, and interview candidates for open positions.
- Performs new hire employee orientations while leveraging talent acquisition support.
- Leverages safety support to administer and manage workers compensation; including reporting and handling claims and collaborating with appropriate parties.
- Responsible for all data entry into the HRIS system.
- Maintains working relationship with Union officials and adheres to terms of labor contract by monitoring day-to-day implementation of policies concerning wages, hours and working conditions.
- Represents management in investigating, answering, and settling grievances, by arranging and scheduling grievance hearings between union personnel, supervisor and the Management team.
- Responds to all EEOC and/or NLRB charges.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- Bachelor's degreerequired.
- Minimum of five (5) years previous management experience within food service and/or grocery industry.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and HRIS systems and software required.
- Must be proficient with MS Office.
- Knowledge employment law and other government compliance regulations required.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or a related field is preferred.
- PHR, SPHR preferred
- Contribute and support to the overall goals of the Human Resources Department.
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effective resolve emotional and complex problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Capability of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints.
- Able to work effectively with peers, region and corporate leadership, and the sales force in a productive collaborative environment coupled with the ability to be decisive is needed.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.