Our Performance Additives Division is seeking a Human Resource Manager, North America, in our Willsboro, New York facility. The HR Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing human resource strategies and policies that are linked to operational and business objectives by consulting with site leadership.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the delivery and implementation of recruitment, compensation and benefits, and employee relations programs that support business objectives.
- Consult with supervisors and managers on key labor and employee relations issues/opportunities which can have an adverse or positive impact on the operation.
- Coaches and consults managers and employees on performance management issues and opportunities.
- Facilitates new hire onboarding and transition process.
- Facilitates employee exit process including exit interviews, payroll and benefit termination and HRIS updates.
- Sources, screens and interviews applicants for all open positions both hourly and salaried.
- Participate in developing related policies and procedures that support sound business principles and industry best practices.
- Coordinates workers compensation, long term disability, and other leave programs for the Talc operations.
- Ensure HR policies, programs, and procedures comply with relevant employment law and labor relations legislation and provide informed, strategic advice to avoid legal interventions.
- Assists with implementation, communication, education, and training strategies, programs, and tools that promote HR programs to employees that result in a more informed and knowledgeable workforce.
- Leads Collective Bargaining processes for operations and maintains compliance with labor law and industry best practices.
- Manage grievance and arbitration process and ensure fair, consistent and legal enforcement of policies, procedures, and discipline.
- Lead performance management and succession planning processes in operations supported.
- Work effectively in a highly matrixes environment.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Industrial Relations, or other related degree. Master’s Degree and/or professional certifications preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years human resource generalist experience in an Operational HR Environment (i.e. manufacturing or otherindustrial).
- PHR/SPHR preferred
- Labor Relations experience specifically in grievance and arbitration handling. Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiations experienced
Knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics:
- Excellent communication skills (including written, interpersonal, facilitation and presentation skills) and have the ability to motivate and influence people at all levels of the organization.
- Credible with good business acumen.
- High level analytical skills.
- A strong degree of self – motivation.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.