Human Resource Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
Human Resource Manager - Fort Wayne, Indiana & Coldwater, Michigan
The Human Resources Manager will report directly to the President and the Corporate Vice President of Human Resources.
This manufacturing plant is a non - union operation with over 350 Employees, in a clean and safe manufacturing environment with a long history of success.
The HR Manager for this operation will sit on the leadership team and be both effective in a strategic and tactical environment and have success leading others which there will be a team of 2 additional direct reports. The company has an established corporate identity and is well equipped to help the plant succeed, supporting plant training activities, onboarding, recruiting, structured programs in place and utilizing external resources for needed activities.
The ideal candidate will be able to maintain human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, and orienting/onboarding the employees. They will be an HR Generalist familiar with a wide mix of HR expertise including Safety, Payroll, Recruiting, Employment Law, Training Program Development, State Laws and have previous experience successfully running an HR department for a manufacturing plant.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, maintaining records and assist in investigations.
- Maintaining plant floor visibility with employees including off shifts as needed for training, development, meetings and setting expectations with the workforce.
- Direct, Train and Mentor the two HR Professionals who will be supporting the HR Manager.
- Work closely with the company President and other plant leadership staff to follow through on critical needs requirements and items to address with the workforce.
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Create and roll out HR programs that will move the organization forward for continuous improvement and employee development/satisfaction.
- Maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys. (ADP for Payroll)
- Schedule and conduct job evaluations.
- Monitor and schedule individual pay actions.
- Recommend, plan, and implement pay structure revisions.
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of benefits.
- Maintain historical human resource records by implementing a filing and retrieval HRIS system.
- Keep past and current records.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
- Review professional publications.
- Establish personal networks.
- Participate in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development, Industrial Development or another related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of HRIS, Employment Law, FMLA, and Benefits.
- Computer/PC skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Northern Indiana
PrincetonOne is an equal employment opportunity employer.