Human Resource Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Tracking Code 4744-094
The HR Manager will provide human resources support to MRM//McCann East (New York and Princeton, NJ) and Optaros. This position will lead the delivery of key HR programs and services including: performance management, employee learning and development, diversity and inclusion initiatives, talent review, EEO reporting, and various change initiatives. The HR Manager will also manage HRGeneralists / Coordinators to coordinate all day –to – day HR administration including, new hire orientations, benefits administration, new hire onboarding, corrective action, personnel files and documentation, off-boarding, time entry, travel administration, compensation, and HRreporting including new hire reporting, exit analysis, etc. The HR Manager will also be responsible for employee relations, including employee investigations and recommendations.
- Work closely with management to identify and provide solutions on how to improve HR operations benefiting both individual and departmental needs. Subsequently work withHR Director to implement related strategies and programs.
- Ensure HR voice is appropriately represented in key people business decisions.
- Facilitate communications throughout the organization and employ regular consistent communication methods to ensure transparency and “openness.”
Performance Management/Employee Development
- Partner with Director of HR to develop processes and programs to improve organizational capability in areas of goal alignment, performance management & accountability, leadership & career development.
- Work with department leads to identify required competencies to meet expectations of any given position.
- Identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps to develop and implement targeted programs that address these gaps.
- Coordinate learning and development initiatives in partnership with HR Director
- Implement and manage corrective action process, and work with business leads to ensure adherence.
- Coach and counsel managers and employees to resolve employee relations issues.
- Conduct employee investigations as needed; document issues and consult with IPG Legal (as appropriate) to identify recommendations and avoid litigation.
- Work to maintain and expand positive employee relations with employees.
- Steward of the IPG /MRM employment policies; local and federal laws.
- Lead the PRPL team for successful rollout of diversityevents and employee social events.
- Implement major HR information system roll-outs (as necessary).
- Ensure HR administrative and compliance requirements are met.
- Ensure data integrity of all assigned business units.
- Help to improve procedures for mobility, onboarding, talent review, orientation and benefit enrollment/participation etc.
- In partnership with Finance team, analyze compensation and prevailing wage rates to create and administer competitive compensation practices, taking into account compliance / legal requirements.
- Master reporting needs, including but not limited to, HR department metrics, EEO and Affirmative Action reporting.
- Run People Soft Report Queries to help build HR metrics to report out
- Ensures proper record retention by maintaining personnel files, I-9s, and other documentation
- Communicate with department managers to clarify recruitment needs
- Once hires start dates are established, facilitate smooth on-boarding process
- Manage relocation process for both domestic and foreign national employees transferring in and work with Visa Specialist/IPG outside counsel on necessary work authorization filings, when applicable
- Lead annual internship program, and partner withDirector of HR and Recruiting team to develop a pipeline for future needs
- 7+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s or related degree preferably in Organizational Development and/or Human Resources.
- PHR or SPHR or similar certification preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong problem solving skills and detail orientation
- Self-motivator, takes initiative to resolve situations and improve departmental processes.
- Well-developed interpersonal and negotiating skills, especially in dealing with sensitive and/or controversial issues
- Ability and willingness to problem solve, prioritize, negotiate and juggle changing deadlines
- Working knowledge of FMLA, COBRA, federal and state labor laws
- Intermediate to strong skill level in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- 2+ years’ experience using PeopleSoft.
- Ability to create / run report queries in PeopleSoft.
- SAP, Fiori, TeamSear, Red Carpet, SilkRoad systems experiencepreferred.
- Strong organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills a must.
At MRM//McCann, Relationship is our middle name. We employ the most innovative talent in the industry to drive digital transformation for our clients’ businesses and provide creative solutions to help brands grow meaningful relationships with people. MRM//McCann is a leading customer relationship agency that leverages the power of creativity, the beauty of data, and the magic of technology to help brands grow meaningful relationships with people.
Do you excel when working in a team? Are you fascinated by the endless possibilities that technology brings to marketing? Are you ready to transform our world?
If so, you will thrive in our culture based on the Important Things We Believe (I.T.W.B.s)
- Ideas power everything
- We’re Better Together
- We’ll figure it out
- Complexity can be managed
- It only counts if we deliver
- Technology is magic
MRM//McCann is a leader in Gartner Inc.'s annual "Magic Quadrant for Global Digital Marketing Agencies" report. Gartner Magic Quadrants are based on an exacting methodology where agencies stand out for their strategic services, including business strategy and digital business transformation skills. MRM//McCann is noted for its global vision and strategy, and its use of tools and analytics enabling clients to deliver a measurable business impact as the result of those strategies.
We love our diverse workplace! MRM//McCann is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.