Creating the future of intelligent media delivery to drive your greatest success.
BUILD your career with an organization that is a leader in intelligent media delivery, providing more than 58,000 clients with innovative media solutions to influence consumers wherever they plan, shop, buy and share.
LIVE your passion through a culture that actively supports community involvement and delivers hope to missing children and their families across the nation through its signature Have You Seen Me?® Program.
CREATE our future by integrating online and offline data combined with powerful insights, to precisely targets our clients’ most valuable shoppers, offering unparalleled reach and scale.
- HR Generalist in Newark, CA.
- Provide human resources counsel, training and leadership support to assigned business functions.
- Consult and counsel in the areas of HR including but not limited to: performance management, talent management, employee relations, talent acquisition and staffing, compensation, benefits, HRIS, training and development, and EEO/AAP.
- Provide insights enabling support of business needs to ensure alignment to overall company goals.
- Partner with HR Director(s) on matters of employment law, performance improvement and policy/process interpretation to ensure consistency across organization.
- Partner with functional leaders to proactively manage their human capital needs to improve or enhance products and service.
- Bilingual in English and Punjabi preferred.
- Strong knowledge of California employment law preferred.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- Advise and monitors Supervisors/Managers on Performance Management, Employee Relations, Disciplinary, Compensation and Benefits issues, consulting with Corporate resources as needed/appropriate.
- Employee Relations: Serve as a trusted advisor, coach and consultant by proactively addressing and monitoring employee relations issues. Ensure effective communication with associates; drive recognition programs; enhance management-associate interaction; ensure consistent policy application.
- Confer with HR Director when dealing with complex ER issues.
- Establish the credibility and business acumen necessary to actively contribute to business decisions.
- Performance Management: Drive annual performance management process to ensure clear objectives are in place and formal evaluations are completed.
- Provide coaching and counsel for supervisors and above regarding associates’ performance.
- Functions as resource for associates to understand their needs and reinforce messages of acceptable/required performance levels.
- Reinforce proper documentation of positive and constructive feedback and utilization of proper steps in performance improvement process.
- Review and edit performance improvement plans prior to delivery to associates to ensure that plans fully explain performance inadequacies and that the improvement guidelines follow the S.M.A.R.T. model.
- Identify training/resource needs and experiences that create options that will optimize performance.
- Confer with HR Director when potential corrective action may be taken to address performance issues
- Administration, Compensation, and Benefits: Ensure that procedural and ad hoc HR administrative requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner; such as processing associate/employee action forms. In addition, develop/execute compensation and total reward strategies in partnership with HR Director and Corporate Compensation which improve productivity while complying with established guidelines.
- Ensure that benefit communication and related processes are coordinated in an accurate and timely manner. Build, update, evaluate and level job descriptions.
- Responsible for the administration and coordination of new hire onboarding process including, completion of SAP new hire actions, completes new hire required paperwork coordinates with Valassis HR Solution Center to ensure timely processing of I-9 and new hire forms.
- Schedules new hire orientation and benefits sessions
- Leads coordination efforts in support of client group staffing needs, responsibilities include: determination of organizational needs, obtaining specific requirements, coordinating all advertising, recruiting and screening of applicants, utilizing and maintaining recruiting systems and working with hiring manager on offer letters and starting salaries.
- Direct the work of Human Resources Generalists/Representatives.
- Assists in the interpretation and application of H.R. policies and benefit programs.
- Ensures proper management of employment records and the processing of change forms.
- Ensures accurate processing of payroll and other information in HRIS.
- Analyze needs, coordinates and delivers Supervisor/Manager Training for client groups.
- Training and Development: Partner Training and Development and with client groups to determine training needs, develop and deliver corporate-sponsored, regulatory and other training/orientation programs.
- Partner with HR Director to leverage training and development opportunities in multiple locations to drive performance and productivity.
- Develops, monitors and addresses EEO programs and processes for client groups with assistance from Corporate Resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum 8years of relevant Human Resources experience.
Experience / Skills / Abilities:
- 8-10 years of relevant Human Resources experience.
- 1-2 years of Supervisory Experience.
- Excellent computer skills, MS Office, Including Excel and required. Excellent facilitation and training delivery skills required.
- Strong personal credibility with demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with client groups.
- Understanding of the general purpose of the company’s businesses and functional groups to best support corporate objectives.
- Demonstrated competencies including influence management, collaboration, communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively influence others to adopt a course of action on critical, complex or sensitive information.
- Extensive knowledge of employment law and regulations through education and/or experience.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Directly supervises one or more employees.
- Provides directional support on HR issues to Supervisors/Managers.
Communication & Contacts (Internal/External):
- Communicates with client group employees and managers, Corporate Human Resources, external customers/vendors, DOL/OFCCP, state workforce commissions, and regulatory agencies.
Decision Making Scope:
- Extensive decisions in all areas of HR Management to include: Personnel development, Hiring/firing, corrective actions. Benefits, compensation, training, budgetary, legal actions, and various other personnel decisions.
- Requires ability to apply high levels of independent thinking to solve complex inquiries.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- Office Environment.