Paragon Bioservices is a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) whose focus is the development and manufacturing of cutting-edge biopharmaceuticals. We provide industry-leading GMP development and manufacturing services for cutting-edge biopharmaceuticals such as recombinant viral vectors, next generation vaccines & hard-to-express recombinant proteins and oncolytic viruses. Paragon's scientists, engineers, quality experts, manufacturing operators and program managers are experts working with biologics from research and process development to GMP manufacturing for clinical trials and commercial launch.
Be the trusted agent and right hand to accomplished biotech leaders building the next industry leader. As a strategic consultant, the HR Business Partner (HRBP)/Sr. HRBP builds and sustains the Paragon organization by developing a senior advisory relationship with business unit leaders in order to facilitate the accomplishment of their critical business objectives. It will be the HRBP's responsibility to thoroughly understand their client's business, including their priorities, challenges and customers through which they will leverage sound business judgement and HR input.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Increase the business leader's effectiveness in developing their people and creating a high performing culture by partnering on all aspects of leadership development, people management, and employee engagement.
- Partner closely with business leaders to develop and implement practical solutions in support of business objectives, providing thought leadership and proactive solutions. Where necessary, incumbent will implement HR related initiatives (i.e., talent management and succession planning, talent review, strategic workforce planning, performance management, org design, etc.) that facilitate the business meeting its objectives.
- Proactively work with business leaders to identify and troubleshoot organizational issues that could impede positive productivity, achievement of organizational goals, and employee engagement.
- Champions career development and recognition initiatives while resolving employee relations issues in concert with business leader direction. Analyzes organizational issues to their root cause while identifying trends requiring changes in policies and practices.
- Achieves and maintains a proficient level of business literacy regarding the financial, operational and commercial positions of the business.
- Ensures compliance with internal and external (legal) entities that govern HR processes/practices.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree required; business field preferred; Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years human resources experience required; some or all of that experience within an FDA regulated environment specific to manufacturing business groups preferred.
- Strong business acumen essential - Must have a true business orientation and perspective indicative of an ability to provide strategic insight and analysis to business issues outside of the HR function. Be able to provide a solution perspective, not just an HR perspective.
- Maturity and professional demeanor to advise, challenge and partner with senior executives in order to quickly become a trusted agent within the business.
- Proven leadership abilities to effectively champion change, manage conflict and influence throughout every level of the organization.
- Knowledge and experience in multiple HR disciplines (i.e. organizational diagnosis, employee engagement, leadership development; strategic staffing; performance management; talent management; workforce effectiveness; succession planning; organizational development, design & effectiveness; legal compliance; rewards and recognition, etc.).