JBT is searching for a strategic HR Business Partner to support our Sales, Product Development and Strategic Marketing functional groups. This role will play a key part in supporting the Protein Business Unit for our North America locations.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to client groups for applicable HR-related issues and key business initiatives
- Operate proactively to target areas to add value to our business and achieve greatest ROI for resources used
- Take a proactive approach in planning organizational change within client groups to positively impact organizational structure, productivity and resource planning
- Facilitate and develop the understanding and application of JBT's strategy and organizational values with client groups. Utilize this understanding to add HR related value to the company in the rollout of business unit plans and HR initiatives.
- Contribute to the continuous development of HR strategies and initiatives
- Provide innovative ideas and suggestions to strengthen the JBT Human Resources Team
- Utilize VOC and structured problem solving techniques to develop and implement process/program improvements.
- Partner with the Director of HR to ensure acquisition, retention and development of key talent
- Work to elevate existing talent through strong performance management practices and trusting management relationships
- Assist with the development of a full life cycle University Partnership strategy with a focus on creating a pipeline of diverse talent and inclusion.
- Provide real time coaching as needed. Provide timely counseling in various areas of HR to your client groups to drive excellent customer support and build trust with your leaders.
- Collaborate with your HRBP colleagues regularly to enhance teamwork and efficiencyCollaborate with our Corporate Talent Acquisition team to drive T & A activities within your client groups
- Work with the commercial side of the business to monitor and make improvements to variable compensation programs to drive desired behaviors
- Partner with leaders and the legal department to conduct ER investigations, navigate progressive discipline as needed, advise on various LOA types such as short and long-term disability,FMLA, Worker's Compensation and other leave types.
- Monitor and take action on key HR Metrics
- Develop, administer, and interpret HR policies & procedures.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in an HRBP or similar role
- Experience supporting the Commercial side of a business
- Experience working with and developing Sales/Variable Compensation Plans
- Experience developing co-op / intern programs and University Relations
- Excellent Communication/Presentation Skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with tact
- Strong Computer Literacy, specifically MS Office
- B.A. in Human Resources or related field of study, M.A Preferred
- Ability to travel 5% - 10%