General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced HR Business Partner to work as a strategic partner providing consultative HR support and solutions in our Poway location.
The HR Business Partner will work on a variety of special projects and assignments in support of the HR Directors and the HR Vice President's, in additional to being able to support a client group when assigned to facilitate effective HR programs and business practices. Technical and analytical skills, human resources know-how and process-oriented perspective will be essential capabilities. This individual will function as a knowledge expert and consultant with the ability to influence business leaders. To be successful in this role you must have a positive, solutions oriented perspective. You must be able to work independently and as part of a team. We are looking for someone who is professional, customer focused and has demonstrated success.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents and advocate for the HR initiatives.
- Collaborates across the HR teams, lead project imperatives, prepare presentations, metrics, analysis and HR project updates.
- Represents HR and employee impact in all program activities; actively seek deeper business involvement when appropriate. Support project momentum while minimizing business interruption.
- Leverages industry leading practices wherever possible; look for commonalities across both brands and facilitate agreement on those commonalities.
- Assists in development and execution of a change management plan including organizational changes, job task modifications, KPI definition and end-to-end communication.
- Manages communication between stakeholders communicate status, raise issues as needed.
- Documents department reporting needs.
- Participates in sprint planning prioritization for additional capabilities and enhancement.
- Determines resource needs to facilitate timely execution of HR impact from work stream initiatives outcomes.
- Conducts diligent follow up to assignments bringing understanding and data to each topic, and recommendations for solutions.
- Builds credibility and develops trusted relationship with business leaders.
- Works with business leader to support business goals and get results.
- Works with business leader to implement HR programs and organization design as needed.
- Works with business leader to identify talent and implement career pathing and succession plans.
- Utilizes metrics to identify trends and build an HR strategy for the client group.
- Attends business leader's meetings.
- Able to balance business needs and employee needs.
- Utilizes knowledge of laws, company policies and best practices to resolve employee issues.
- Conducts investigations and prepares documentation.
- Mitigates legal risk.
- Coaches managers on Performance Management conversations & documentation.
- Prepares requests for termination.
- Must have solid knowledge of Federal and State (CA) employment laws and ability to educate business leaders and employees on these laws and apply in handling of employee issues.
- Partners with recruiters and business leaders to interview and select candidates.
- Conducts salary analysis to determine candidate offers and ensure organizational equity.
- Leads the annual merit, bonus and out of cycle compensation programs for their assigned client groups, ensuring a fair and consistent application as well as company equity.
Engagement & Retention
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Utilizes exit interview data to identify trends and make recommendations to reduce turnover and improve employee engagement.
- Works with employees as needed to support ADA/FMLA/WC cases and accommodations.
- Facilitates talent development sessions based on HR Topics including but not limited to: Performance Management and the Performance Review Process.
- Develops training on HR topics for client groups.
- Supports Leadership Development programs.
- Facilitates at new employee orientation.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Human Resources, Organizational Development or a related discipline and ten or more years of progressive professional experience in a Human Resources department.
- SPHR/PHR and/or SHRM SCP/CP preferred.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills and business acumen.
- Strong influencing and coaching, collaboration and communication skills.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of human resource principles, theories and concepts and a complete and thorough knowledge of practices, techniques, and standards.
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- the ability to identify issues and develop solutions to a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity;
- excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings to a variety of audiences including senior management and senior external parties.
- excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees, including senior managers and senior external parties.
- the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- the ability to initiate, plan, and manage projects; and
- excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.