As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting our new ventures group, in Chicago, IL. There will also be 25-30% travel.
Your impact as a Human Resource Business Partner
HR Portfolio and Project Manager
Develops a broad understanding of all Aon HR Programs and is responsible for execution of all major HR initiatives within aligned business group on both an annual and ad-hoc basis. Specifically, this includes:
- Annual Pay Review Cycle(s)
- Performance Planning Process
- Global Talent Management Review
- Promotion Process and Review
- Annual Engagement Analysis and Review
- Implementation of any new or updated HR initiative
- Workforce Planning Initiatives
- Liaison between Business and HR Connect
Optimize Compensation Investment
- Maintain SIB (salary, incentive and benefits) discipline, collaborating with Compensation and Finance and leading and counseling ASC management to ensure that ASC compensation and staffing decisions, including budgeting, requisitions, hires, rewards, salary increases, job leveling, salary ranges, and incentive programs are aligned with ASC's strategy and financial standing and budget.
Build and Develop Organizational Capabilities (Talent Management/Organizational Consulting)
- Partners with business leaders in support of development and retention efforts to ensure we have the capability to maintain and grow our business.
- Works with leaders to ensure performance management is being effectively employed in support of our high-performance culture.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition and business to assess needs and workforce planning strategies.
- Partners with the Global Talent Team on initiatives supporting Manager and Leadership Development.
- Help to deepen cross cultural competence in Leaders and their groups through support of training efforts and diversity councils, as well as through the consideration of cross cultural impact to business decisions.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
Formal education & certification qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- PHR or SPHR a plus
- MBA or MS in Human Resources a plus
Knowledge & Experience:
- 5+ years professional HR experience (experience in generalist, specialist, and client-facing roles preferred) in a corporate environment
- Possess strong financial and business acumen including budgeting, forecasting, and expense control.
- Proficient in MS Office, with particular expertise in Excel, and proficiency in Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to consult to the entire HR Portfolio with an integrated perspective
- Demonstrated relationship management skills at all levels of the organization
- Experience managing complex HR and financial projects
- Ability to consult on application of policy and process as well as trends, themes, and solutions
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, especially with senior level leaders
- Knowledge and experience using Workday (desirable but not required)
- Ability to facilitate training sessions virtually and in person for both managerial and leadership audiences
- Ability to build cost/benefit analysis to justify investment in HR and people strategies