About Our Company
Rimkus Consulting Group is a global leader in the field of engineering and scientific consulting. Headquartered in Houston, with 49 offices across the U.S. and Europe, we work with law firms, insurance companies, corporations, government agencies and individuals to help them solve complex problems. For over 30 years our professional workforce, which includes engineers and scientists, have helped clients evaluate engineering and scientific problems promptly and professionally.
About Our Group
Our Human Factors group provides services related to the evaluation of safety, human performance, risk perception, and decision making associated with human interaction with products, environments, and processes. We have worked on a wide range of challenging investigations dealing with:
- Human Error, Risk Perception, and Human Response to Hazards
- Perception and Response to Alarms & Sounds
- Accident Evaluations Related to Construction Equipment & Construction Work
- Consumer and Commercial Product Design – Design Safety, Warnings, and Regulatory Compliance
- Perception & Response and Decision Making in Response to Hazards Related to Transportation Accidents
- Visibility, Conspicuity, and Contrast
- Design of Warning Labels & Manuals
- Industrial & Occupational Safety
- Premises Safety
About the Positions
We are seeking two candidates for our group. The positions will require managing a range of consulting projects that may involve working with teams on multi-disciplinary projects; conducting field investigations and physical testing, including data acquisition using software or involving human subjects testing; conducting research to obtain technical data; and reviewing scientific literature and standards.
The ideal candidates will:
- Have a Ph.D. in Cognitive, Experimental, or Industrial Psychology; Neuroscience; Industrial & Systems Engineering; or Human Factors.
- Have 0-10 years of work experience.
- Will be able to apply Human Factors knowledge to a variety of situations being evaluated.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have excellent research skills and be willing to publish.
- Must be knowledgeable about Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Statistical Software (SPSS, etc).
- Have knowledge of data acquisition, design of experiments.
- Knowledge of MATLAB/LABVIEW is a plus.
- Be willing to conduct research relevant to projects.