The TRADOC G-27 Operational Environment Training Support Center (OE TSC) delivers the complex OE by leveraging real world data, information, and knowledge in order to enable learning across all Training, Education, and Leader Development and advocates solutions to key OE capability gaps in Army forums as the responsible Army OE OPFOR Project Office. Within the OE TSC, the Network Engagement Training Directorate (NET TD) provides Network Engagement (NE) training and Advanced Network Analysis and Targeting (ANAT) training to audiences throughout the Joint, Interagency, Intergovernmental, and Multinational (JIIM) community. NE training emphasizes integrating staff skills to gain understanding of the human domain in order to plan engagement actions and operations that shape the OE for mission success. ANAT training emphasizes rapid identification of key nodes in human networks using social network analysis (SNA) tools and methods in order to achieve desired effects in the OE. The NET TD Human Network Data Integrator will fill a current capability gap by developing a process to rapidly analyze and develop human network targets through the fusion of a variety of data and information, to include social media data, into social network analysis software. The Human Network Data Integrator reports to G27 OE TSC Director of Network Engagement in exercising overall responsibilities.
The ISR A/T replicates Division level collection management activities, conducts research on ISR activities to fill unit training requirements, including AOR specific ISR capabilities and various military branch and organization processes. Develops lessons learned, best practices, and after action reports addressing ISR synchronization and operations integration in current theater operational environments.
The ISR A/T will serve as a mentor/coach and team leader on various training events after completing an internal certification process.
Primary work location is Fort Irwin, CA, however, this position can be based out of either Fort Eustis, VA. (Preferred) or an alternate, negotiable location. 70% CONUS travel may be required depending on location.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Human Network Data Integrator (hereafter called the Data Integrator) assists the Director of NE Training and the other NE/ANAT trainers by accomplishing the following:
1. Develop and continually refine a process to rapidly analyze and develop human network targets in foreign operational environments (OE) in support of joint deployments and training. This new analysis and targeting process will include collecting social data and automating or semi-automating the process of filtering and sorting the data for import into social network analysis (SNA) software tools in order to rapidly identify key nodes as potential targets. The process is called Network Data Training (NDT).
2. Conduct continual self-study to gain knowledge that supports development of the NDT process, keeping in mind that the ultimate purpose of the project is to fill a gap identified in a paper titled "Strategic Landpower: Winning the Clash of Wills". As stated in that paper, "Time and again, the U.S. has undertaken to engage in conflict without fully considering the physical, cultural, and social environments that comprise what some have called the 'human domain'".
3. Develop and maintain effective collaboration with other organizations that are seeking similar capabilities and are making progress in achieving them. These organizations may include: The Naval Post-Graduate School (NPS) Common Operations Research Environment (CORE) Lab in Monterey, California; the United States Military Academy (USMA) Network Science Center in West Point, New York; Army Service components at regional or functional combatant commands (ASCCs) or other organizations.
5. Assist with developing training and methods to train others to conduct the NDT process.
6. Assist in identifying more efficient ways to integrate data from a range of information means in order to enable the commander and staff to more rapidly gain understanding of the OE and conduct network analysis and engagement.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Bachelor's Degree and at least 10 years of related military experience is required. Master's Degree is preferred. 20+ years of related military experience is preferred.
- Relevant experience conducting social media analysis and social network analysis, preferably in a military context
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) required
- Experience supporting operations or training at Corps, Division, Brigade or Service equivalent preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively (20%) is required
Must have a valid TS/SCI security clearance.
**Conditions of Employment:
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
Valid passport is required