Provides a full range of human resource programs and services supporting company mission/values to management and employees. Acts as a designated float staff between the Training, Recruiting and Employee Relations departments. Will also be the lead on various projects within the department and Corporate.
- Utilizes knowledge of various HR functions (Employee Relations, Recruiting, Training, etc.) to provide consultation and support to management. Anticipates the needs of the organization/clients and issues; articulates the global impact of decisions.
- Collaborates with corporate departments including, HR areas (Employee Relations, Recruiting, Training, etc.), Risk Management, Employee Health, Disability Management, Payroll and Legal to ensure satisfactory outcomes.
- Compiles and analyzes HR data, provides recommendations to management. May participate in the strategic planning process of the department/unit.
- Counsels and provides support to employees and managers in areas of performance management, team building, effective conflict resolution, communication strategies, structure changes, and reorganizations. Builds and maintains positive relationships to promote employee satisfaction.
- Develops and facilitates a variety of leadership training programs for managers/supervisors as well as training and guidance to all HR customers within the system that improve performance and correct behavior. Identifies the need for new employee relations programs, develops, and implements as needed.
- Performs review of all performance evaluations to check for completeness and developmental needs: provides appropriate feedback to evaluators.
- Acts as a liaison in general human resource matters, by providing education on policies, procedures and assures appropriate follow through on inquiries. Develops and disseminates updates to HR policies and procedures as required.
- Collaborates, as needed, with EAP program on job counseling, personal/career development for current employees.
- Administers corrective actions, performance improvement plans, grievance processes, prepares and submits responses for EEO and other legal matters as in-house consultant. Reviews documentation of all corrective actions, performance improvement plans, and provides appropriate feedback to managers when necessary.
- Stays current on HR developments/trends, employment law, onboarding/orientation practices and human resources regulations and policies. Attends seminars, trainings, and/or conferences to then develop and implement internal training for HR site staff.
- Other duties are assigned
- Conducts review of all performance evaluations to check for completeness and developmental needs: provides appropriate feedback to evaluators.
- 6 plus years of relevant human resoource experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Human Resources or psychology. Masters degree preferred.
- Leadership experience is preferred with direct experience in employee relations, recruiting and training.
- PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SCP or ASHHRA-CHHR certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal legislation and experience responding to unemployment claims and/or grievan