The Director will ultimately have lead responsibility to manage a transaction from inception to completion, including providing a statement of work and relevant fees to the prospective client, leading interview calls with target management and their advisors, liaising with internal experts as required, and writing and issuing a formal diligence report. The role will often involve the coordination of resources across practices within A&M, as well as with the client’s other advisor groups. During the first year, the Director will be expected to focus on delivery of consulting services. As the role expands, it is expected that the individual will be linked into business development opportunities, aiding new client acquisition and existing client retention. The Director will have high levels of exposure to senior M&A professionals, key client contacts, and senior management of A&M. Specific responsibilities include:
- Review of data rooms, interviews with management, collection and tracking of requested information
- Analytic and financial review of the total cost of human capital
- Managing divestiture and merger integration project plans
- Build and manage financial models (workforce planning tools, total rewards quantification, compensation planning, etc)
- Communication with advisory groups and ultimately the client
- Draft and delivery of Human Capital diligence reports - Track and maintain incurred time against pre-determined budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, actuarial science, statistics, mathematics, business, accounting, or finance.
- 5+ years of experience - Strong analytic skills - Prior M&A experience, with particular focus on private equity clients
- Proven track record of strong project management skills; managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines without compromising quality - Outstanding communication skills both oral and written essential.
- Flexible work schedule; M&A projects often involve tight timelines
- A strong candidate would have 5+ years of experience in HR; candidates with depth in a given area will be strongly considered; including actuarial, healthcare consulting, executive compensation, or organization design.
- Some level of M&A experience is a requirement; depth of experience with private equity clients will be heavily considered.