Manages human resources services and programs for assigned corporate clients in line with company mission and values. Provides personally or through subordinate personnel human resources expertise in the areas of employee relations, policy and procedure interpretation, and management coaching in support of BH standards and philosophy. Acts as a strategic business partner to supported corporate clients and operates as a trusted advisor on all HR matters. Proactively identifies areas of concern, and coordinates solutions in conjunction with other HR Support areas. Manages a staff of HR professionals.
- Plans, organizes and controls activities of the Corporate HR site department to include but not limited to carrying out supervisory responsibility of HR Site Consultants and Specialist in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Participates in developing HR departmental goals and objectives with the HR Site Director and recommends necessary changes.
- Participates in and or Leads HR related projects such as performance management systems, Talent Management processes and change management initiatives.
- Coordinates and facilitates leadership skills training seminars for supervisors and managers including but not limited to performance reviews, harassment, conflict resolution, corrective action, etc. to ensure that leaders to provide consistent, equal and fair treatment of employees.
- Cultivates favorable and effective employee relations outcomes as a mediator, counselor, and facilitator in disputes between employees and their leaders. While advising Leaders on preparation of corrective action documents and grievance processes as in-house consultant.
- Maintains awareness of employee attitudes needs and concerns. Effectively communicates trends and concerns to HR Site Director as well recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvement in efficiency and employee engagement of Corporate departments.
- Acts as an internal consultant to leadership on all HR related concerns. Works effectively with other HR support areas to deliver solutions. Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs.
- Assists leadership in achieving strategic goals through workforce planning and retention measures.
- Conducts investigations, prepares and works with legal to submit response for EEOC complaints and other discrimination charges. May represent organization at personnel related hearings and investigations.
- Coaches staff members toward career objectives and for optimal performance and effectiveness.
- Other duties assigned
- Directs the Corporate new employee orientation and participates in the delivery of centralized NEO.
- Reviews all workforce metrics and communicates trends and recommendations to leadership for performance improvement.
- 6 plus years of employee relations management experience required
- Bachelor of Science degree required. Master Degree preferred.
- Experience dealing directly with employee relations and management issues.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple priority projects.
- Knowledge of state and federal labor legislation, and handling employee grievances needed. Previous management experience as well as experience supporting a Corporate function preferred.
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects in sometimes high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Plan, direct, and coordinate work activities of others
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
- Generally works in an office environment