The Equity Sales/Trader is responsible for executing high and low touch trades in a self-starter environment with a reputation for high quality service. This position is expected to cover and enhance existing clients and actively search for new business. Although this position is currently located in our Charlotte office, otherlocations may be considered.
- Buy and sell Equities based on instructions from our institutional clients
- Buy and sell Options based on instructions from our institutional clients
- Provide a high level of service to our customers
- Works under general supervision with authority to execute trades based on the instructions given by the client
- Some travelrequired
- Good understanding of the equity markets
- Strong communication skills to interact with clients, othertraders, middle office and management
- Must be able to decide what destination or algo to trade a position based on the clients instructions
- Ability to multi-task
- Great listening skills
Education and Experience:
- B.A./B.S. degreerequired
- 5+ years’ experience in the equity markets
- Understanding of equity order management systems
- Series 7, 63 licenses required
- Proactive work ethic
About the Company
At HilltopSecurities, we believe in building noble and collaborative relationships that enrich the financial future of individuals, businesses and communities. With an extensive portfolio of products, we deliver a broad range of investment banking and related financial services that help our clients achieve their definition of success.
As a subsidiary of HilltopHoldings, which also encompasses PlainsCapital Bank, PrimeLending and National Lloyds Corporation, we have the financial strength and stability that has withstood the test of time. Our nationwide presence in 400 locations across 44 states provides our associates with extensive opportunities to grow their careers in a diverse organization that truly values relationship capital above all else.
The Interstate Group is a division of HilltopSecurities, member of FINRA, NYSE and SIPC, Broker Dealer Division. Interstate functions independently with their own trading, sales and support staff. Since 1975, The Interstate Group has provided independent research to the institutional community. Interstate integrates trading, sales and support services for institutional clients through a specialized arrangement that allows them to obtain research products and services with commission dollars.