For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
In the Health and Social Services Manager role, you will lead a team of Health and Social Services Coordinators, while overseeing day-to-day clinical operations and participating in business development activities. You will manage a program or region, including team and performance management, process improvement, and standardized execution of clinical decision processes, and implementation of new program initiatives. Complying with contractual requirements and ensuring member needs are met.
If you are located in Jefferson, Harris County, TX, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.Primary Responsibilities:
- Support clinical operations across the continuum of care (assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating) for the STAR+PLUS Home and Community Based Services program
- Engage in case management and coordination of care, supporting Service Coordinator team members in the field
- Takes lead role in setting direction and participating in or developing new programs
- Sets team direction, resolves problems and provides guidance to members of the team
- Ensures team meets established performance metrics and performance guarantees
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Plans, organizes, and oversees staff to ensure timely completion of assessments
- Oversees the department's daily staffing requirements to meet program standards
- Implements and interprets organizational policies and procedures, reviews work of staff to ensure that policies and guidelines are appropriately applied
- Other duties as assigned to support team
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- License / TB Testing
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the State of Texas
- 5+ years of Nursing experience of in a hospital setting, acute care, direct care case management, home health care or clinical experience in acute / rehab / or long-term care setting
- Medicaid and / or Medicare experience
- Demonstrated supervisory or management experience with responsibility for team performance management
- Experience coaching or mentoring staff
- Solid experience with MS office including Word, Excel and Outlook with proficient ability to navigate in a Windows environment
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking abilities will be keys to success
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- 3+ years of case management leadership experience within a healthcare industry
- Background in managed care
- Case Management experience
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience / exposure with discharge planning
- Experience in utilization review, concurrent review and / or risk management
Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manager, Manager Case Manager, Manager Case Management, RN, Case Manager, Social Worker, Care Manager, Clinical Manager, Field Care Manager, Field Case Manager, Medicare, Medicaid, Medicaid Waiver, MDS, Managed Care, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Community Health, Long Term Care, LTC, Hospice, Public Health, Assisted Living , United Healthcare, UHC, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Jefferson County, Harris County, Houston, TX, Texas