Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Albemarle is seeking applications for the position of HSE Professional at its manufacturing facility in New Johnsonville, TN. Primary responsibilities will include managing the site's health, safety, security, and environmental programs to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, company policy, and business objectives.
- Develop, oversee, and improve site safety and environmental management systems; ensure compliance with Albemarle policies
- Drive system improvements needed to achieve certification under RC14001(equivalent of ISO 14000/OHSAS180001)
- Establish metrics and develop efficient tracking and reporting tools, and conduct internal audits to assess performance of safety and related HSE programs. Manage external audits and ensure corrective actions are implemented according to schedule.
- Lead environmental effort at site to include: Title V/MON, NPDES permits, RCRA etc. Complete required reporting , calculations and monitor plant compliance to permits.
- Follow-up with all life critical procedures/policies such as lock out tag out, confined space permitting, permit to work and hot work permitting etc.
- Develop systems to improve and document Hazard and PPE assessments for high risk activities. Keep PPE matrix up to date and look for areas where improvements can be made.
- Prepare and deliver safety training, oversee overall HSE training program
- Revise existing/develop issue new procedures for occupational and environmental, security, and overall program administration process to conform to Albemarle standards
- Develop safety culture that encourages employee involvement
- Ensure practices are designed to be lean/ensure effective use of resources
- Lead incident investigations and ensure effective corrective actions
- Manage certain elements of process safety programs, including MOC, pre-startup safety reviews, etc. as necessary
- Manage site HSE action item tracking system
- Oversee emergency response teams and coordinate maintenance of emergency response and fire equipment
- Manage specialized OSHA training programs, including HazWoper, Respiratory Protection, Hearing Conservation, forklift, and others as needed
- Coordinate Site Safety Committee Meetings
- Oversee contractor management activities
- Provide daily oversight and serve as a liaison to the contract guard services at the New Johnsonville site
- Assist with the implementation of the NJV Site Security Plan and the Contract Guard Post Orders
- Perform other safety and related general site duties as identified
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Safety Management, or other relevant field
- 10+ years demonstrated leadership in developing, implementing, and managing safety programs in an industrial work environment.
- Preference given to candidates that, in addition to experience in management systems (such as ISO 14001/OSHAS 18001), have in depth/subject matter expertise in one or more related and specialized program areas such as Process Safety, Industrial Hygiene, etc.