We are looking for a new colleague in the HSE Department at our Plant locations in Fowlerville and Fenton, Michigan.
- Manage all health, safety and environmental activities for ZF’s Braking Plants in Fowlerville and Fenton, Michigan.
- Maintain ISO 14001 certification/requirements and manage the Plant’s Environmental Management System.
- Manage the chemical management system that includes tracking of all chemicals used at the Plant and the related Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Manage all waste disposal activities at the Plant.
- Manage, develop and provide or direct applicable HSE training for employees, supervisors, and Management team.
- Manage the development and integration of incident reduction and safety performance improvement activities, including but not limited to the following: ergonomics; behavior-based safety; standardized work; safety training and awareness; safety auditing; employee involvement; and a defined safety leadership process to achieve ZF Safety Excellence philosophy.
- Remain fully up-to-date and informed about all existing and proposed changes to health, safety and environmental compliance (local, state/provincial and national) regulations and requirements that are applicable at the site, and maintain compliance related plans, procedures and documents.
- Submit all applicable HSE reports to ZF, regulatory agencies, etc.
- Ensure work processes analyses that identify potential hazards and application of appropriate controls (including equipment HSE reviews, site physical reviews and work methods/practices reviews).
- Manage the assessment and periodic re-assessment of potential risks/hazards.
- Develop and administer plant wide emergency response procedures.
- Serve as the Plant’s primary interface with external HSE regulators in the event of site inspections, reviews or operational inquiries.
- Capable of completing special assignments to work with Global Team Regional HSE Manager in support of ZF HSE program (as agreed to with site Management).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering, Safety Engineering & Management or related field is required (Master’s Degree or HSE-related Professional Certification (CHMM, CIH or CSP) is preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with emphasis on safety/environmental management required. Must have ability to work without direct day-to-day supervision and must be capable of managing/leading all HSE Function activities.
- Thorough working knowledge and understanding of HSE compliance (local, state/provincial and national) regulations that are applicable to the facility required.
- Thorough knowledge in relation to development processes and practices related to the following key areas: HSE System implementation; Behavior Based Safety; Ergonomics; Risk Assessment and Reduction; Industrial Hygiene; Environmental Control (air, water, waste) required.
- Experience in implementing and managing HSE Management System requirements and ISO 14001 EMS certification requirements required.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt status preferred.
- Be computer literate in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills required including high energy and proactive forward-thinking abilities.
Be part of our ZF team as HSE Manager and apply now!