Job Overview and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing various Health, Safety, Environmental and Security activities for the Orange, CA site.
- Provides HSE leadership and technical support to GBU California manufacturing leadership teams and will drive and ensure key X HSE strategies and continuous HSE performance improvement.
- Serve as the primary HSE contact for the Orange site.
- Member of site’s leadership team that provides HSE technical support, guidance and compliance within HSE.
- Implements HSE programs, drives best practices.
- Conduct internal audits of site HSE programs to determine compliance and or the need for program changes.
- Responsibility will be to establish as a minimum, compliance with government standards (OSHA, EPA etc.) and Solvay HSE standards.
- Develop relationships with other GBU HSE departments, the GBU HSE group as well as Solvay HSE corporate personnel
Education and Experience
- Min 4 years’ experience in a HSE specialist/HSE leadership position.
- BS in Engineering, Safety, Environmental or related required.
- Safety Certification is a plus (CSP)
- Technical Knowledge – Working Knowledge of HSE government standards and CA state regulations.
- Experienced in leading cross functional teams in problem resolution.
- Proven Leader – has demonstrated leadership skill in previous HSE positions
- Change agent – proven track record of supporting/driving significant organizational change towards HSE performance.